Pentax strikes again!

Started by Peddler, February 07, 2012, 22:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peddler

Pentax is up to their 13th. generation Optio. They have always been good all-around waterproof cameras with killer macro capabilities but this mother looks like a force to be reckoned with! It has all the usual features expected on a top-notch waterproof point 'n shoot cameras but the macro features on this sucker sounds insane.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/Tytelynes/smArcticHairyBugger.jpg[/img]]Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

It even comes in red to match Woolly's eyes.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Woolly Bugger

I thought that they were at 12th generation with the Option WG-1, you know somethin' we & Pentax don't know?

and I prefer Purple... a royal color...

okay, I found the WG-2, but not on Pentax's site..... go figure...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Peddler

Woolly Bugger

WG-2 Pre Order ONLY! Available in March 2012!

[attach=1]
p;-
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Peddler

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 08, 2012, 09:56:31 AM
WG-2 Pre Order ONLY! Available in March 2012!

[attach=1]
p;-

Yeah man... that be the 1st generation Optio 'cept mine's silver. Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

It's been a very good camera except the fuzzy shots from when the lens ring plucks chest hairs. It's high time I updated, no?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Woolly Bugger

it sounds impressive, has some features that I would like...

6 led lights(added 1 from the WG1's 5) for macro

1080P video

chest harness???

Extended dynamic range

Lower noise at higher ISOs

I might be interested, if / when the Olympus 1030sw dies... but what I really want is the new Nikon D800

Joy Ride - Behind the Scenes
Shot with Nikon D800

me -There's a season?

Stone-Man

I just bought a WG-1

Pretty damn impressive.  I will start taking some outdoor flicks when my back heals

JT

Stone-Man

This is my first picture with my new camera.  I did not let the computer do any of the light or focus adjustments .

I just took the flick and put it on here.
The flick is of a mayfly with stained glass that was made by our late friend Captain Jack West

JT

Rhody

I have the w90 not sure what incantation it is, but the one thing that I do not like are the hues of yellows when I shoot. Seems bright yellows on this camera always wash out, but reds and oranges are ok. Doesn't handle low light that well, maybe someone knows a trick to keep the yellows from washing/blurring?
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Stone-Man

Rhody,

Do you shoot your outdoor flicks in "Flower" mode ?  My previous Pentax  (A number 10 in think) and all other Pentax's that I know of shoot better in "Flower " mode

Also if you are using windows 7 , the "My Pictures" deal has all sorts of features to adjust focus and lighting settings, etc,etc .

JT

The Dude

I'd be interested to getting some thoughts and opinions of this:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/dslr/K-30_Black

Best of both worlds or worst of both?
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Quote from: The Dude on August 15, 2012, 11:34:46 AM
I'd be interested to getting some thoughts and opinions of this:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/dslr/K-30_Black

Best of both worlds or worst of both?

One thing I noticed is that it isn't crushproof or shockproof like the other outdoor cameras.  Don't know if your planning on taking it while bluelining, but I like to have something I can beat around a little and not have to worry about breaking.  As far as the specs for picture taking, maybe wooly or rbphoto will chime in.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

flatlander

I may be stating the obvious, but it's worth pointing out that "weather sealed" and "water proof" are not the same thing.  It probably won't survive a dunking. 

The Dude

I'm actually glad you pointed that out, because I had assumed the two to mean the same.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.