News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

5 foot Rattlesnake

Started by rjs123, June 29, 2011, 12:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

Went fishing with Darrin Doss last Saturday.  It was a nice day and we got a few but fishing was slow. On the way out we were talking about snakes and I had just told Darrin I'd never seen a Rattle Snake in Virginia.  A few minutes later we came across this 4-5 foot Timber Rattler on the path.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

OldDominionAngler

:o That is a big boy that I'd have no interest in meeting.

Woolly Bugger

dayum!  :o  better watch were I step!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Cbingham

I hate rattlesnakes (snakes in general). Have to deal with those crappers on rigs when I go to south west TX.  At least that one was going away.  :o

Dangerfield

Hate a damn snake. Used to see them all the time down around the Uwharrie river.

dossphoto

Ok...I am the weird one in the bunch.  I love being around these critters.

Stuart R.

Yuck that is a big ol nasty guy there. I have never seen a rattler in the wild. Maybe I make too much noise I guess!

STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

dossphoto

This guy didn't move or rattle as we approached him.  Luckily he was laying in the trail...pretty much all the way across, so he was REAL easy to spot.  It took some gentle persuasion to get him to coil up and start rattling at us. 

I really don't think Bob was going to be willing to walk around him....and I didn't want to stay in there all day, so he had to move!

benben reincarnated

Not something I want to run into either.   :o

I've only seen those black rat snakes around here thankfully <knock on wood>. 

Forrest6775

saw one up behind the dam at kibler a few years ago. where were you?

jwhop3

Nice try, he ain't giving up his honey hole that easy.

Quote from: Forrest6775 on June 29, 2011, 21:18:28 PM
saw one up behind the dam at kibler a few years ago. where were you?
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

~by Doug Larsen~

PisgahSpeck

I love the judge man.  Shot wan over Christmas would love to get one for backpacking; a little heavy but well worth it. 

Phil

This is priceless.
I posted a pic of the .357 Mag I carry on some fishing trips, and got about 20 guys on here lambasting me endlessly.

Now everyone is OK with this pic of a Judge. Go figure....

PisgahSpeck

Quote from: troutfanatic on July 09, 2011, 20:55:15 PM
Speck,

There is a smaller more concealable Judge... I forget the name but it came out after I bought mine or I woulda got it.

I just looked it up.  I think this is what you're talking about?  http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=693&category=Revolver&toggle=tr&breadcrumbseries=41Weighs 27 ounces and is pretty small.  I may look into that in a month or two.  I've never carried anything backpacking or camping, often by myself, because I didn't have anything to carry.  And that is about twelve years+ of being in the woods a lot.  I wouldn't mind having something, especially if I get out west in near to far future...avoid the recent Yellowstone incident.

22midge

Phil I believe you are missing the point.........The judge is for snakes and creepy  critters  :D  :D :D and you brought out the mag.after admitting you were heading somewhere not welcome.Being prepared for something in the boonies is one thing but packing for the trouble expected is something most wont agree with.I carried armpit jewelry for 30 years just for that reason and its a bad life wondering who is faster or better looking down the pipe.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life