Flymen - The latest in tungsten and brass beads

Started by Silver Creek, November 16, 2010, 12:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peddler

Yup! Martin is a friend of ours and a friend of the CFFC.
He has some bright idea's for sure.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Trout Maharishi

Caleb got some freebies from him while we were tying at the WNC Expo, I was off somewhere spreading goodwill and trying to make friends as usual. I actually have some of their stuff, I've tied up a couple midge patters with their colored beads. Maybe I'll tie up some streamer stuff with their fish skulls this weekend. 'c;
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Silver Creek

They sure look cool. I wonder what the fish think?
Regards,

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flytire

fish skulls are relatively new but the other stuffs been out for a few years

Peddler

Quote from: flytire on November 19, 2010, 07:52:39 AM
fish skulls are relatively new but the other stuffs been out for a few years

Really? Counterbored Tungsten beads with embossed eyes have been out for years? I never saw them up until Martin introduced them. The colors Martin markets too I thought were unique.

and WB's askeered of fishes? Whodda thunk it?  :'(

Peddler

Going through the latest Fly Tyer magazine I see that Martin Bawden and the Flymen Fishing Company won the Dealers Choice award in fly tying at the International Fly Tackle Dealers show.
Congrats Martin.

Trout Maharishi

I like the way they look, but I'm still unsure about a couple things until I tie some up and fish them. I'm not wild about the way the head fits over the eye. Not sure about the position of the head affecting whether or not the fly rides hook point up or not? No way I'm throwing these things on one of my better rods, they will bust one wide open I bet if you accidentally hit the rod with it, of course so will large split shot and bead heads.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Rhody

i don't like how they fit over the hook, i have a bunch in the bottom of my bead tray that i can't get to fit over several sizes of hooks, no matter how much i bend them. out of a pack, i would say half don't fit over the same size hook, and the other half fit fine. same thing with 2 different packs.............
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.