News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Chattooga River, SC

Started by Oops-Pow-Surprise, July 22, 2013, 08:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oops-Pow-Surprise

Hello all, this is my first post.  I have just started fly tying and fishing in the last few months, and man am I hooked.  A buddy and I went to the Chattooga River on Sunday morning.  Water was high and fast after all of this rain, but the fishing was decent.  I am happy to report that from two hours of fishing I was able to hook and land 2 11"-12" rainbows on some streamer patterns that I tied myself.  What a great feeling!  My buddy, unfortunately, did not have the same luck.  Finally packed in and made the trek back to the car, and rode to a small stream near the headwaters of the Chauga river.  Another hike through brush ensued, and finally got to a good portion of the river that was looking pretty fishy.  Managed 1 more rainbow of about 10"-12", once again on a streamer pattern, in about an hour of fishing.  Overall a very good day, and all fish were released to fight another day.  Glad that I found this board, and look forward to many more posts.  One question, do any of you have advice for a good river access points in SC?  We found two on Sunday, but definitely want to find more. 

Oops-Pow-Surprise ;D
"Nothing Makes A Fish Bigger Than Almost Being Caught" - Anonymous

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Oops-Pow-Surprise

Name's Gerry not Jerry and my wife is hotter than yours.
"Nothing Makes A Fish Bigger Than Almost Being Caught" - Anonymous

tomato can

This thread may get interesting....

The Dude

Quote from: tomato can on July 23, 2013, 10:17:49 AM
This thread may get interesting....

I bet not........at least in the direction that you are thinking.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

sanjuanwormhatch

Even though the access point is probably one of the most used access points in the southeast, I asked him to take it down and he did so there's that.  Do an intro now. 

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Beetle

Welcome Gary!   Do you have a brother that guides on the Davidson?   Post some more reports!

Stormin_Mormon_92

"luckily the pie only hit jerry in the face"
i hope you can be our jerry, im really looking forward to that  /'/

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

hopefully your wife is a little hotter than this
Tight Lines, Drunken legs

ZenTrout

Get a tetanus shot, avoid meth heads, and good luck! There's good fishing, search deep!