News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

So what exactly did they do with all that recalled pet food?

Started by Woolly Bugger, April 24, 2007, 18:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Fed it to pigs!  :o

Hogs quarantined after eating tainted pet food.
FDA plans to test for plastics chemical in variety of human foods.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18295971/
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Somebody take Wool fishing!!!!!!!

He's one step away from National Enquirer headlines  ???
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

kylemc

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18405363/

Chickens too! Damn it!

QuoteThe U.S. Agriculture Department and the Food and Drug Administration said there was a "low-risk" to humans and no food recalls were expected at this time. They are uncertain how many animals were involved or entered the food supply.

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Filler in Animal Feed Is Open Secret in China!

QuoteZHANGQIU, China, April 28 — As American food safety regulators head to China to investigate how a chemical made from coal found its way into pet food that killed dogs and cats in the United States, workers in this heavily polluted northern city openly admit that the substance is routinely added to animal feed as a fake protein.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/business/worldbusiness/30food.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

More on the Fish feed...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/08/AR2007050801060.html?hpid=sec-health

The tainted Chinese ingredient that was incorporated into U.S. pet food and later made its way into chicken and pig feed was neither wheat gluten nor rice protein as advertised, but was seriously contaminated wheat flour, government investigators said yesterday.

The finding adds a new layer of fraud to an already seamy tale of international deception.

Secretary of Agriculture Mike Johanns speaks at the Food Marketing Institute conference in Chicago on Monday, May 7, 2007. Johanns said it's safe to eat pork and chicken from animals whose feed was mixed with contaminated pet food that sickened or killed cats and dogs.

Secretary of Agriculture Mike Johanns speaks at the Food Marketing Institute conference in Chicago on Monday, May 7, 2007. Johanns said it's safe to eat pork and chicken from animals whose feed was mixed with contaminated pet food that sickened or killed cats and dogs.

Moreover, officials said, some of that contaminated flour, mislabeled as gluten, was mixed into fish food in Canada and exported to the United States, where it was fed to fish raised for human consumption.

Accordingly, some American fish may be laced with melamine, the industrial toxin whose spread has revealed in startling detail the many ways in which the food chains for pets, farm animals and humans are internationally intertwined
me -There's a season?

Gofisher

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.