BRTU Volunteer Opportunity -- Mitchell River Cleanup Sat Oct 18

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 14, 2008, 07:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Mitchell River Clean-up –  Saturday - October 18

October 18 will be our first Annual Mitchell River Clean-up.  This is a collaborative effort with the Stone Mt. Chapter, the NC Wildlife Resources Commission, and the NC Department of Transportation to clean-up the Mitchell and access sites, with special emphasis on the Delayed Harvest area.  Keeping the Mitchell and its access sites and roads free of litter and debris is important to the resource and to the continued public access for angling.  This is your chance to help – so make plans to be with the Chapter at this important TU conservation effort.  In addition to the clean-up, we will also have a lunch provided by the chapter and spend some time after lunch breaking into groups and enjoying some angling.  This will be an opportunity for new members and any beginner fly anglers to receive some hands-on assistance.

We will meet at the Mitchell River Delayed Harvest Area at the 1st Parking area on the right, just past the Juddsville School Rd bridge between 9-9:30am.  Or, if you would like to carpool we will depart from the McDonalds on Jonestown Rd/421 at 7:45am. Litter bags and gloves will be provided by NCDOT.

Please Contact Dan Benfield at 723-7165 or dancon7@earthlink.net  for questions and to sign-up.   We need an estimate on folks attending to determine the lunch requirements.

SO -      GRAB YOUR WADERS AND GEAR -      BE THERE!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!