Stealing into the night

Started by Transylwader, January 22, 2012, 17:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transylwader

After the grandparents boogered off yesterday at 2PM, I collected my fishing belongings and made tracks down I-40.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

After four disastrous trout hunting days on the water this year, I felt chipper about this trip.

The weatherman will no longer be used. The forecast was wrong, all damn wrong.

I looked out the car window to find the stream I wanted to fish, high and muddy b'; So I bailed way upstream on the main feeder and found what I was searching for. Clean waters.

At this altitude, I would have expected to tussle with some brookies, instead, my first fish of the year was an 8" cockroach
The creek was a mere two feet wide and I was a pig in shit.

Petey's flies are the shiznit. I tore these bastards up.
I decided to go lower down as the creek was virtually non existent by the time I reached 2900ft

I spied a brown gorging himself in the tailout of a pool. Nailed him 1st cast...

Decided to head over to the big brother stream and got into some larger specimens

It's gonna take a while for me to come down from cloud 9 after an ambush of epic proportions. Heck, I got video footage too, and will spend the eve working on that.

Cheers from Tit Mountain -+;

FoulHook

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Holmes

Told you those particular flies tear them up in that neck of the woods. Glad they worked SO well for you mang. You didn't even tell me you was headed that way... Last minute decision?

bullship

well, at least you got out.   :o    Jeeeesus Mike
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

OldDominionAngler

Persistence pays...excellent TR.   0:0

benben reincarnated

2012 skunk no more.  nice work Mike.   bd;0

The Dude

Nice work, Mike.  I was fishing a wild stream today and hooked into an 18"+ brown trout.  After about a 2 minute battle, I got it in the net and unhooked the fly.  I tried to lift the fish in one hand and snap a photo with the other hand.  Unfortunately, it was a two-hander and flopped into the water as I was trying to lift it.  Anyway, it moved only 10' away and sat in a shallow riffle and rested.  I thought, "what the hell" and tossed my fly at it, and the focker hammered my fly first try!  Ha ha ha!  The fish were definitely hungry this weekend.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Aka

Nice Tranny...way to get the stink off!!!

Big J

That's one heck of a way to come off of a skunk. Congrats

consumnfire1229

Look I'm not into fishing superstitions, but you must have slipped that 8" cockroach the tongue before letting him go.  Looks like you had a great outing.
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

sheepfly

dang.  i thought the first couple of fish were nice. killer.

tattdflythrower

Nic chit bro 0:0 didnt kno there wass good fishin around that saggy ole tit I can see her out my back door hit me up some time bra we"ll take a wack at her with a 2wt  :D
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

jwgnc

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

tomato can

Consider yourself deskunkified.