News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Recent posts

Local Trip Reports / Re: Smith-Continued
Last post by Woolly Bugger - February 13, 2024, 21:02:45 PM

#24 - 8 Sunny, upper 40s, and very windy.

The Raptor Center has received a lot of fish in recent weeks, so I was curious if they still needed me to continue to harvest trout for them.

Here is their reply.
[indent-both]
QuoteDespite all the fish donations we have been getting recently we could still use your fish. Currently we have one Bald Eagle in rehab that only eats fish. In addition, several of our resident eagles need fish several times a week. So we have been using the recent donations at a pretty fast pace.

Please continue to save fish - the birds (and staff) appreciate it.

Vacuum sealing is a nice bonus.

[/indent-both]

Well the river is blown out below the creek, so I headed up to the damn dam. The wind was pretty wicked, and I put on some layers to try and keep warm. I caught a couple of small browns and four very fat rainbows, to which I promptly administered the priest.  I finally gave up after battling the wind.

All the time I was fishing I heard work being done up at the damn dam, so I walked up to see what was going on.

I guess it's progress, as none of that was in place the last time I drove up to look.

Local Trip Reports / Re: Before The Cluster
Last post by troutboy_II - February 13, 2024, 12:20:53 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on February 13, 2024, 11:25:41 AMYou boys might want to reevaluate the zippered waders, consider these, and save some coin.  I started stockpiling them about a year ago when the nighttime post piss dribbles started.  I know it is only going to get much worse.  No more sleeping in the nude.  I hate pajamas but it is much easier to change and wash pajamas every day than deal with daily sheet changing.

Depend for men!
:o
Last post by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 - February 13, 2024, 11:25:41 AM
You boys might want to reevaluate the zippered waders, consider these, and save some coin.  I started stockpiling them about a year ago when the nighttime post piss dribbles started.  I know it is only going to get much worse.  No more sleeping in the nude.  I hate pajamas but it is much easier to change and wash pajamas every day than deal with daily sheet changing.

Depend for men!
Last post by Phil - February 12, 2024, 07:26:29 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 10, 2024, 11:55:11 AM
Quote from: troutboy_II on February 10, 2024, 11:37:35 AM
Quote from: Onslow on February 09, 2024, 17:52:19 PM

[
Waders are blown out in the crotch.  I hate waters.  All they are good for is failing and leaking. Holding my fire until it is wet wading season. 

You forgot makes it a bitch when you have to pee. Which I seem to "have to" more and more these days.  b'; But life is like that I suppose.  Still gonna wear my waders though.  Skinny old legs really get old in cold water, so...

TB

My next waders will be zippered. It's difficult to be a beer drinking fly fisherman!

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 10, 2024, 11:55:11 AM

[
Waders are blown out in the crotch.  I hate waters.  All they are good for is failing and leaking. Holding my fire until it is wet wading season. 

You forgot makes it a bitch when you have to pee. Which I seem to "have to" more and more these days.  b'; But life is like that I suppose.  Still gonna wear my waders though.  Skinny old legs really get old in cold water, so...

TB

My next waders will be zippered. It's difficult to be a beer drinking fly fisherman!

I don't drink beer, but still have to pee alla time. Bit the bullet and bought zippered waders -- best buy ever. They are worth the extra $100.
Last post by Woolly Bugger - February 10, 2024, 15:21:58 PM
Quote from: Onslow on February 10, 2024, 14:06:42 PMMaybe I need neoprene waders

on cold days I miss my old StreamSide neoprene's
Last post by Onslow - February 10, 2024, 14:06:42 PM
Maybe I need neoprene waders
Last post by Woolly Bugger - February 10, 2024, 11:55:11 AM

[

TB

Last post by troutboy_II - February 10, 2024, 11:37:35 AM

[

You forgot makes it a bitch when you have to pee.  Which I seem to "have to" more and more these days.  b'; But life is like that I suppose.  Still gonna wear my waders though.  Skinny old legs really get old in cold water, so...

TB
Last post by Onslow - February 10, 2024, 07:45:32 AM
Mojo Nixon FTW,lol.

Now I have a Girlfriend in a Coma earworm.
Last post by creakycane - February 10, 2024, 07:36:48 AM
There were periods of time last few days where lifting a bh-pt in 16/18 on the swing would draw a strike every time.   Light hatches of bwo's and a couple of little stones were all the insect activity I saw above water, though plenty going on underwater!