News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Brown Trout

Started by hopper, May 24, 2010, 07:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Received 2 pics from my father this morning.  They originally came from my step brother in-law how lives in Bristol.  He is a tournament bass fisher that stays in the bait shops.

here is what his email said "I was in a tackle store today and a guy walks in and asked the owner if he has a set of scales. He did not but the owner asked the guy still in his waders what he caught. We walked out and in the trunk of his car was a 34 1/2" brown trout.  I took his picture and thought you might want to see it. It was by far the largest trout I have ever seen.  He told me it took him over 40 min to land the fish and he caught it just below the Weir Dam on a black nymph.  He was using a three pound tippet. "

Here is the pics.

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

Big fish! :o  I wish he would not have killed it. :'(
If you hunt with your kids you will never have to hunt for you kids.

troutphisher

Damn, thats a female fish too. No more eggs out of that one.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

blue ridge angler

what a shame..has the tail been clipped? or is that a natural wound?

River Man

That fish weighed 17 pounds and 2 ounces. I was told that the fish went bellow up after the extended fight and all the initial pictures were taken.  That particular fish had been on many people's radar screen for a while.  Too bad :'(.

jwgnc

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Stuart R.

I heard it was caught on bait. But who knows. It was a legal fish so oh well.

STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

wilso3

when he realized how big it was he grabbed his worm off the hook and tied on a nymph real quick before anyone saw haha

diaz dassie

That does suck that the poor beast wasn't released to make up some more behemoths in the future, ending up in the fryer (and I am convinced that it will taste super shit coz of the age of it)What a travesty... :'(

FoulHook

I'll bet it ends up on the wall, not in the fryer. That's where I'd put it if it was already dead  ;)
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

WRector

Quote from: FoulHook on May 24, 2010, 14:26:04 PM
I'll bet it ends up on the wall, not in the fryer. That's where I'd put it if it was already dead  ;)

That's what fiberglass mounts are for these days!   ::)

What a shame...   >:(
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

Get Bent

Konichiwa Bitches!

diaz dassie