News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Took my brother fishing today

Started by dnakamoto, November 10, 2008, 22:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnakamoto

Got out with my brother today.  We fished until we could no longer see our lines.  We were supposed to be on the water by 9 but my brother as usual wasn't on time.  He showed up at my house at 9 and we were in the water by 12. 

I Just got home and I have got to tell you this is bar none the most productive day of fishing that I have ever had.  The day started out a little slow  but picked up fast.  My brother watched me reel in 15 to his 1 to start and I could tell he was starting to question his technique and ability.  Soon after the tide changed.  This was my brothers second time out fly fishing and boy did he get a good start.  I caught at least 40 fish and he must have reeled in 25 or so. 

Most of the day I used and a BH hares ear and a y2k.  I hooked my brother up on a y2k and he used that fish all day long.  On the way home he was showing me the fly and there wasn't much left of the yarn.  I wish we would have taken more pictures but there was about a 3 hours run where as soon as we put one in the water they were hitting it.  A great day of fishing.  Unbelievably my brother made it through the entire day out with a soaked pair of jeans and some wet boots.  By nightfall he was wondering if he had done permanent damage to his toes.  All in we had a great time and he is hooked!!![attachment=1][attachment=2][attachment=3][attachment=4][attachment=5]

dnakamoto

[attachment=1][attachment=2][attachment=3][attachment=4][attachment=5]

dnakamoto

[attachment=1][attachment=2][attachment=3]

Woolly Bugger

looks like a good day on a Delayed Harvest Stream...

cheers to you and your brother for slayin them...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Z-Man

A good day is a good day and a day fishing is always a good day.  Congrats.  Nice pics.
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

Trout Maharishi

Looks like you guys had a good day, nice photos to :) Please replace the net with the nylon net bag though. Nylon is hard on fish. it will cut large ones and it removes the protective slime from others. Get one with a rubber net bag or at least some type of synthetic. Oh yea, your avata need replacing ;D ;)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

dnakamoto

Tm are you gonna kill Duke evertime I post??  You might like this.......................................

Three guys, a Tarheel, a Blue Devil and an NC State Wolfpack are out walking along the beach together one day. They come across a lantern and a Genie pops out of it.
"I will give you each one wish; that's three wishes total," says the Genie.

The Wolfpack says, "I am studying to be a farmer; my dad was a farmer and my son will also farm. I want the land in the Piedmont to forever be fertile."

With a blink of the Genie's eye, --POOF-- the land in the Piedmont was made forever fertile.

The Tarheel was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around Chapel Hill, so that no one can come into our precious city."

Again, with a blink of the Genie's eye, --POOF-- there was a huge wall around Chapel Hill.

The Blue Devil says, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more about this wall."

The Genie explains, "Well, it's about 150 feet high, 50 feet thick and nothing can get in or out."

The Blue Devil says, "Fill it up with water."

Trout Maharishi

Just pulling your chain a little, it's all in fun ;) :angel:

Four college alumni were climbing a mountain one day: a Duke, a North Carolina grad, a Florida grad, and a Notre Dame grad. Each proclaimed to be the most loyal of all fans at their alma mater.

As they climbed higher, they argued as to which one of them was the most loyal of all. They argued all the way up the mountain, and when they reached the top, the Notre Dame grad hurled himself off the mountain, shouting "This is for the Fighting Irish!" as he fell to his doom.

Not wanting to be out done, the Florida grad threw himself off the mountain proclaiming, "This is for the Gators!"

Seeing this, the North Carolina grad walked over and shouted "This is for the Tar Heels!" and pushed the Blue Devils fan off the side of the mountain. ;D

I've hated Dook ever since I was in the 5th grade. I went with my midget football team to the Duke vs UNC game the Sat after Thanksgiving. All the way to Chapel Hill I had to listen to 2 of my team mates talk about how Duke was gonna kick UNC's ass. Well it didn't quite work out that way and a fight broke out between the 3 of us just about half time. The coach made us set on the bus for the rest of the second half and I have hated Dook ever since ;D >:(
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

dnakamoto

Pretty Good Stuff 0--0

I guess everyone around here has the close to the same story.  My hatred started when I was around 12 or 13. It seemed everyone in Fayetteville were UNC fans and man do they talk the most shite.