News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Crappie are biting!

Started by Al, January 16, 2010, 21:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Crappie are biting if you know where to look for them (or maybe just plain get lucky).

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Got out of the house today and went to a super secret lake with another old codger. He is a crappie fanatic and keeps tabs on them year round. 

We found them today in deep water (32-39 feet) well out from the points. Not every similar spot holds fish, but if you move around you will find them.

We got on the water at about 11:30 and I was back in Fayetteville at 4:15 so we did pretty well. I sorted through them and brought a dozen of the filleting size home - the rest went to a couple  families from my buddy's church. (My fishing buddy does not eat fish so I get first pick of the catch which is real nice ;D

blue ridge angler

looks like a tasty mess of fish right there...way to go.. 0--0

croaker

Nice mess of Crappie Al...
And one Big fat White Perch in the cooler as well!

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

5xTippett

Good eyes, Don.  I missed the perch!  Good job, Albert. ;D

Al

Quote from: croaker on January 16, 2010, 23:25:17 PM
And one Big fat White Perch in the cooler as well!

Yep, we caught 2-3 of them. There are some nice ones in there. You can sometimes get into them real good. Easier to fillet then a crappie and good eatting as well.

diaz dassie

Yep, they will be on at Falls dam here in Raleigh shortly.Some big guns, white and black, I'll be going after them on fly whilst my minnow flinging "mates" will fill their buckets and have a fish fry... ::)