News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

crowd dodging..

Started by blue ridge angler, April 03, 2010, 18:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

with opening day upon us I opted to head for the hills and continue the brookie binge that I have been feeding as of late..I passed several well known DH, and stocked waters that were all crawling with fishermen, and women of all kinds, and made my way to a high elevation small creek. with no other cars at the parking area, I was pleasantly surprised to have the whole stream to myself. the fish were deep, and not as willing as those on my last trip to take the pink worm, but I still managed to fool a few with more natural stone fly imitations drifted through the deeper runs, and around boulder edges...
great day on the water..only flicked the best fish..

possessed

Fine looking brookie.  I am heading off to SMNP Monday, I hope to catch a few of those, myself.

5xTippett

That is a pretty brookie!  I am envious. 

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Trout Chaser

Love the vibrant colors of the brook trout. 0--0

TC

blue ridge angler

thanks guys..this is by far my best from this creek.. 0--0

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

OldDominionAngler

great lookin' fish  0--0

mecnc

FoulHook

Nice fish there. I was in the crowd today. Got the freezer stocked up for a little while, and still got to get into some wild fish afterward.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

diaz dassie

Wow, thats some serious color! I need to walk the path least travelled... 0--0