Started by Woolly Bugger, October 06, 2010, 06:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

From BKatz:

We are glad that you and your group have enjoyed fishing our Catch &
Release water and hope that you continue to do so. To confirm the rumors;
Yes we are looking to increase the costs of our fishing permits. The state
of North Carolina is also. These increases will not take effect until
Nov/Dec of this year, So if you purchase a new Catch & Relese ($20.00)
permit before the price increase it will still be valid for One Full year
from date of purchase. We are proposing the C&R permit to increase from
$20.00 to $75.00 and the daily to increase from $7.00 to $10.00. These
prices are still very competitive, when you consider Fishing guides
charging $150.00 to $ 200.00 a day per client to fish our same water or
other Fishing Clubs charging $150.00 rod fees per section per day or
$2,300.00 per year. We are anticipating implementing and going Live with
our Electronic Fish Permit Sales System and Internet Sales Channel the
first Week of October, 2010. We do hope that you and your group will
continue to visit Cherokee and fish our waters. Please contact me if I can
be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Robert Blankenship
Program Manager, Fisheries & Wildlife Management Program
Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
P.O. Box 455
Cherokee, North Carolina 28719
Telephone: (828) 497-5520 or (828) 788-8019
Email: robeblan@nc-cherokee.com
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phg

I rarely fish tribal waters, that fee increase will guarantee that I don't.  Too much good wild water nearby to waste the money....

Woolly Bugger

I'm not a fan either.... that annual fee and ONE day fee is = to a TN license  -0-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flyman

At that price, I think they will have quite a few less visitors.  :-\
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

cmiller51h

I'd thought about it a couple of time, but not now!  -+; them! Over triple the price!? what novel idea to get repeat fisherman into the area and bring in new ones also! I'll bet the local motel/hotel, resturants, outfitters, ect are really looking forward to this! Talk about hurting your own business to make a FEW more bucks! They can  :-* my ass! Greedy bastards!
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Get Bent

WTF... I have fished that water one time, and all I can say is they can have it. For one its way to crowded most of the time, and if I were a visitor to the area and only wanted to fish one day I would just spend the money for a NC license and hit DH.

What they should do is charge for an outfitter license and ding all the guide services abusing their water instead of the individual fisherman...  Just my 2 cents!!! >:D
Konichiwa Bitches!

flyman

Quote from: Get Bent on October 06, 2010, 10:33:16 AM
WTF... I have fished that water one time, and all I can say is they can have it. For one its way to crowded most of the time, and if I were a visitor to the area and only wanted to fish one day I would just spend the money for a NC license and hit DH.

What they should do is charge for an outfitter license and ding all the guide services abusing their water instead of the individual fisherman...  Just my 2 cents!!! >:D

Bingo!
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

diamonddave7676

that is retarded!!!  I have never made it up that way to fish the trophy water and with the price increase I probably never will.

Stuart R.

Dang now that is steep. I am with Get Bent gig the guides if they think they are part of the $ to be made. But for me I have been wanting to head over but for that they will never see my $$. If you lived close it wouldn't be so bad but for the guy that comes once a year or twice simply too dang high. I wonder if they have thought about a 1-3 day permit. Actually both would be nice a 1 day and a 3 day to get the weekend fishermen. But who cares I haven't been yet and guess I won't now.

STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

diaz dassie

Tribal waters are ghey. Stockers are ghey too :-*

Trout Maharishi

It's Obummers fault, make them rich fly fishermen pay >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

gamatt53

Anyone who considers a "trophy" to be a big dumb ugly brood fish from the hatcher deserves to pay that lol.

Look at these recent pics from another board...the fish are retarded ugly.
http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82098

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: gamatt53 on October 06, 2010, 13:26:17 PM
Anyone who considers a "trophy" to be a big dumb ugly brood fish from the hatcher deserves to pay that lol.

Look at these recent pics from another board...the fish are retarded ugly.
http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82098

Forget the fish, look at the slug that is posing with them p;- See what you get when you don't have any standards 0:0
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

diaz dassie

Nice tail on that stocker. Thank God I don't get to see ugly shit like that in the magic spaces of Haywood and Shenandoah... p;-

possessed

Ugly fish, no doubt.  But hey, whatever floats your boat.  Many people can not understand why I hike the distances I do, fish the rough terrain I do, put my life and limbs in jeopardy like I do, just to catch 6-8 inch trout (and smaller), with a 9 incher being a big one, and anything 10 inches and up pretty much being a trophy.

Spooked by a bull elk?  I guess am just stupid.  I walked within 30 yards of 3 bull elk and 2 females last month at Cataloochee.  They were all along the trail in the woods, I had not much a choice if I wanted to get back to my vehicle.

I wonder what the life expectancy of those trout is?  They are old and get caught a lot, are kept out of the water for long periods for excessive photo ops, they must die off at pretty high rates.