News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unplanned TR

Started by Get Bent, May 05, 2011, 00:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Get Bent

With spring in full swing I haven't had a chance to fish in the past week because I have been finishing up my Carp Skiff (thread to come). So a good friend was in town for a coupe days and at the last minute we decide to head out for an afternoon. I wanted to fish something different, so we headed to a stream I haven't fished in a couple of years. Even though we have had a decent amount of rain, this particular stream was on the low and clear side. Fish were spooky, but fairly easy to see. With thunderstorms in the forecast we made the most of the day. Fishing was good and we picked up some nice fish as we worked our way upstream.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

At one point we rounded a bend in the river with a deep undercut hole . I offered the first shot to my buddy, but he declined saying he wanted to fish the hole before. So I eased up to the tail-out to see if anything was on station. Sure enough there was a large fish feeding at the bottom of the tail-out. I stayed low so I wouldn't spook the fish and to watch his feeding pattern. Once I devised a game plan it I moved into position to drift some nymphs into his feeding lane. After several casts and some repositioning I hooked up. I was greeted with a violent head shake and it was on. After a game of tug-of-war , I was able to land the fish, snap some photos and release him unharmed.

Konichiwa Bitches!

Beetle

We're not worthy!
bd;0.  bd;0  bd;0

Hell yes.   That is one nice brown.  Noice!!
'c;   -0-

possessed

Nice, bro, very nice.   8)

kylemc

Your'e killing me smalls!

diaz dassie

Slab-ada-month :o
Lawd have mercy 'c;

OldDominionAngler

I can think of some worse unplanned happenings..

hell of a fish. 0:0

Phil

Dayum. That's a big stogger brown. Wow.

trout4ever

Damn, that's a beauty!

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

snagaluffaguss

Nice brown
'c;

If you fish for those Carp within 20 miles of my house and don't call me at least once Im gonna tell everybody that you ate that brown and are committing crimes against nature... via Carp Face.

Get Bent

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on May 05, 2011, 20:31:28 PM
Nice brown
'c;

If you fish for those Carp within 20 miles of my house and don't call me at least once Im gonna tell everybody that you ate that brown and are committing crimes against nature... via Carp Face.

Oh I will call, you are close to another Lake I fish as well. The skiff is decked, and I am waiting on the Herculiner to coat the decks, motor to be serviced, and poling platform to be fabricated. I am thinking another two weeks and it will be operational. She has a sweet saltwater Minn Kota on the bow as well.
Konichiwa Bitches!

Holmes

Hell yeah! That brown is sumthin else brutha -0-

I went out to dat wv, and caught 6 browns over 20 inches on the sewer, and several bows in dat size class. One day, landed over one hundred fiddy wild browns in one day.

Dat advice about the girdle bug> spot on. I am headed back down to the sewer next week, holla