News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Continued

Started by 5xTippett, June 17, 2012, 16:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: RiverbumCO on October 21, 2020, 20:34:17 PMCrazy the water can be that warm still.

I think they sucked all the cold water out of the bottom of the dam... the water that is coming out now is mid=level... the whole damn river is fucked up...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

They have resumed the damn new normal flow from the dam at 272 cfs!  p;-
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Onslow

It needs to get cold during the Winter, otherwise there will be no cold water introduced to the lake.  I didn't bother to use waders last Winter, and was nuts deep in January without them. The polar vortex years experienced about 5 years ago are not the norm.  We're also seeing more rainfall during the tropical season. It also seems east slope watersheds from Doughton to Rocky Knob are seeing more Summer precip due to T storms in recent years. I bet Devils Garden area received well over 100 inches of rain this year. All of this warm water entering Philpot will make a huge difference.

troutrus

Check out these nice stickers someone left behind my wipers the other day. 👍🏻

You cannot view this attachment.

troutrus

Quote from: Dougfish on October 01, 2020, 20:06:53 PMMe thinks there is a thick layer of muddy water in the lake we are continuously drawing from.
Ugly.

Yes. ~ 70 years worth of sediment has built up behind the dam. Not sure if there has ever been a conscious effort to dredge or otherwise address it, but running through the sluice gates is likely the only times there has been any significant flushing.
Here's a cool video that exemplifies this sort of action to an extreme. The purpose was to empty the lake.

Woolly Bugger

and philpott gets another 1.5" of rain..  :wave
me -There's a season?

creakycane

Back up to 700, today, and more water coming thurs/fri.

Philpott back down to 360cfs.  But...........  Bassett over 4000 cfs with the rains today (thurs 29 Oct)! 

Woolly Bugger

Looks like we're going to need a (bigger) boat! To float the smith — the Raleigh guide dude is putting fish in da boat
me -There's a season?

Dougfish

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 01, 2020, 07:17:18 AMLooks like we're going to need a (bigger) boat! To float the smith — the Raleigh guide dude is putting fish in da boat

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Let me get a major project behind me.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 01, 2020, 07:17:18 AMLooks like we're going to need a (bigger) boat! To float the smith — the Raleigh guide dude is putting fish in da boat

EJ Stern?  And does he really have music blasting while fishing?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on November 01, 2020, 08:51:15 AM

EJ Stern?  And does he really have music blasting while fishing?

Yes - I don't know about I the music —

me -There's a season?

streamereater_101691

Yes to the music..blasting  b';

Dougfish

I'm a fan of blasting some tunes.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: streamereater_101691 on November 01, 2020, 09:41:58 AMYes to the music..blasting  b';

So, he does blast music?  If true, you guys need to get some control of this dude, and others like Doug, and all those other defilers of nature's rhythmic sounds.

Let me know if you need assistance.  No worries.  Ask Fin, but I believe some of my earlier indiscretions and lack of tact surrounding the Smith and the so-called stewards of the tailwater have followed me more than a hundred miles north to the mountains of Bath.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

@DRIFTS is a music blastin', river floain', fisherman too...  :o  :drum  /'/  :Dance
me -There's a season?