News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Humor Me

Started by sanjuanwormhatch, June 29, 2017, 11:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanjuanwormhatch

Need any easy float won't be too much of a challenge for the whole fam and thinking about the tuck.

Trying to get an idea of float times, good put in's and take outs, etc.. etc...

Can someone help me out? 

Grannyknot

remind me what sort of vessel it is that you got.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

sanjuanwormhatch

Smithfly big shoals raft*.  It's 13'6", II+, framed raft.

*Fwiw, I've really enjoyed it thus far. 

Stone-Man

The Watauga in Elizabethton floats good on low water.

JT

sanjuanwormhatch

tuck is certainly not secret but i'll speak in code so as not to ruffle painties...

thinking about putting in right below the c. dam to l. creek.  looks to be about 4 miles.  realistically probably get in the boat around 4?  looks like they are generating from w.f. dam 4 - 5. 

that a good float?  too much water?  not enough?  1.5 - 2hrs or so?

Michael Toris

Tow that bitch up to the New and we'll team float

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

sanjuanwormhatch

I wish. I am very down to do that sometime though. 

Is I dum?  https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nc/nwis/uv?cb_00060=on&cb_00065=on&format=html&site_no=03508050&period=&begin_date=2017-06-22&end_date=2017-06-29

These numbers don't seem to follow any sort of pattern/trace the release schedule at all.

Michael Toris

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on June 30, 2017, 10:32:52 AM
I wish. I am very down to do that sometime though. 

Is I dum?  https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nc/nwis/uv?cb_00060=on&cb_00065=on&format=html&site_no=03508050&period=&begin_date=2017-06-22&end_date=2017-06-29

These numbers don't seem to follow any sort of pattern/trace the release schedule at all.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Float in the mornings and don't anchor long. Should be able to ride the generation a pretty good ways. The day or two that didn't have generation looked to be Sunday and Monday. Probably keep the flow up for the weekend boaters.

*Disclaimer: I have never fished this river.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yallerhammer

The differences in flow on the Tuck between generation and non-generation aren't anywhere near as dramatic as they are on many tailwater rivers, especially after you get on downstream. Up near the forks, you can tell a bigger difference. There is still usually a good bit of water in there, even at low flow.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Onslow

SJWH, have you spent much time on the Ocmulgee?

sanjuanwormhatch

Some not much.  Want to try to get down there this month though and have a float picked out.  You?

Onslow

I would like to spend a 3 day weekend at the Shoal bass/Fall line area of GA within the next 5 years.  Ain't gonna happen this year, but it may next year.  It could be turned into a family affair, thus making both of our absences from the confines of the white picket fence more justifiable. 

sanjuanwormhatch

I've fished the flint and the ol' muddy but never dedicated a ton of time to either.  Beautiful parts of the world.