Well what do you think ?

Started by fly4u, November 01, 2009, 06:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly4u

It's still raining in High Point....at this time I am planning to go to the Smith with a friend today. He has already purchased his Va. license. Well what do you think.....I know I am leaving my self wide open for this one. It is going to get dark sooner also !
" Thank You For Your Support "

troutphisher

There is no shame in dieing, doing what you love......fish on....fish on...
I too am heading out, rain and high water be damned...

Or I could be damned.....either way the problem is solved.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

dossphoto

I think I am still gonna end up down there sometime this afternoon.  We got a pretty good shot of rain here last night.  I am sure the feeder creeks are going to be running high, but Town Creek up is almost always clear!!

rjs123

Did you guys get out?

I was supposed to fish with Ben (OTS) today but he called and said we should wait for another time.  He actually thought they were generating today and when I went out to have a look I could see why.  Down here in Fieldale it was high, almost looked like generation.

I didnt fish today but took a ride down toward the dam.  It was late but I saw a few people fishing.  THe water was pretty well stained all the way to the dam.

Fished yesterday for a while later in the day and caught 7 fish. I was around the canoe launch, all were small, 10 inches or less.  The 3 rainbows I caught were in spawning colors.  They didnt looked like stocked fish at all.  At least one was a male and must have mistaken my hand for some trout eggs :)

dossphoto

Fished from 1 till about dark with Brian.  There were several people fishing today, I guess that was about the only fishable water around.  Ended up catching 15 or 16 between the two of us.   

rjs123

Quote from: dossphoto on November 01, 2009, 19:26:45 PM
Fished from 1 till about dark with Brian.  There were several people fishing today, I guess that was about the only fishable water around.  Ended up catching 15 or 16 between the two of us.

I must have driven right by you then.  Let me know if you have a chance to fish this week and want to go.

dossphoto

We were fishing around lemon's hole, if you are familiar with that spot.  It will probably be next weekend before I will get to go again.  The time changing really puts a damper on my evening fishing.  Also, tomorrow night is the photography club meeting, then the rest of the week I have our youngen all evening.   

fly4u

Well I was there.........Red Ford pick up. I got no fish to hand, from my view point a couple up stream and a couple down stream.......no tight lines. Where is lemons hole I think I must have been right in the middle of it. Why is it called that ?
" Thank You For Your Support "

5xTippett

Boys, I don't want to come across as a jerk or anything, but please don't mention particular spots.  There are people reading this board who aren't members and it would hurt your feelings for somebody to be sitting in it the next time you go there.  I don't mind telling fellow members stuff in a PM, but I don't see the point in telling people none of us know our hot spots.

troutrus

Quote from: 5xTippett on November 01, 2009, 22:57:26 PM
[b]Boys, I don't want to come across as a jerk or anything[/b], [/i]

Too late.  :j

rjs123

Sorry but I thought it was a pretty well known spot.  Isnt that where all the bait fisherman fish?  They also werent exactly tearing them up there from what they said and Darrin said they were near there.  Dont take this the wrong way, Im trying trying to be smart, just saying what I think.

troutrus

Robert,
good to see you removed the map marking Lemon's hole. We don't want those "top secret hot spots" ??? getting all crowded.  ::)

rjs123

I did delete the post because I can see the reason for 5Xs post.  However I cant understand why you would come back on here just make the post that you did. I dont appreciate being put in the middle of a troll.

5xTippett

Don't worry, Robert.  You aren't in the middle of anything.  If you get to fish with OTS pay attention.  The man knows his stuff.