News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Brownville - TR

Started by Transylwader, January 30, 2015, 14:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transylwader

So I got off the grid, worked on this creek via ARCGIS for several months, it is ripe, with eleventeen dick inch Leroy browns (or as TF says, Bran Traaat)

Weather started out OK in Rtown

This hood...

Goretex and thermals

Started out with small stuff

Then tied on Woolly's junk to lure out the big boys

These guys were absolute fucking slabs. I hate trying to take self timer pics of big browns. I'll just have to drag someone upwith me next time.

This run had the most unusual sedimentary wall styleflank I have ever seen. It's undercut and houses several fish that go 25"+ Alas, the bossman saw my ass coming up stream and didn't take a whiff the bastard.
The tippet on that rig?0X. I am glad I used heavy grade on that 4wt. The poor Helios 2 was bent like a flacid cock :;!

A lil something something for the foam hopper boys.

I'm back on this horses cousin stream next weekend. Sup brays /"\

benben reincarnated

Sweet.

That stream is a little cleaner than the alternative, at least it looks as such.

Transylwader

Quote from: benben on January 30, 2015, 14:30:01 PM
That stream is a little cleaner than the alternative, at least it looks as such.
No pipes. It's part of an old coal mine discharge, I can assure you no alternate browns were present in this drainage. That water is rich. I took pics of the buglife. Unbelievable. Them fishes be snacking good. Maybe my biggest US caught brown shall come from it. I shan't go to the Slut Ho. Apparently real pro bro's hit dat joint. p;-

Aka

Heal yeah, Mike  'c;

Good looking stuff, well except for that fugly looking dude holding that brown  :D

bmadd

Quote from: AKAaron on January 30, 2015, 14:39:18 PM
Heal yeah, Mike  'c;

Good looking stuff, well except for that fugly looking dude holding that brown  :D

and shitting a net  'c;

ptfranze

Nice Mike looks like a damn good day, much better than sitting at work like I am doing  'c;

Dougfish

Most excellent, sir!  bd;0
Interesting lookin' water.

Jfey

I like the search and destroy aspect to this report.  Its always fun to find that off the beaten path stream. 
Yup, going fishing

Grannyknot

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

The Dude

Sweeter than a plate of yams with extra syrup.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

rbphoto

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Transylwader

I was given some info from the DGF.
This is an abandoned mine runoff. The water stays around 45F year round, no wonder the fuggers were sitting in runs like it was summer. I noted a small BWO hatch come off. I don't waste my time tying onthat sz 24 crap. It's ghey. Give em something to chew on. I mean really, whats better, having a brown dance upwards all lady like and slurp that thang down or have Leroy tear across a run and hit a circus peanut like he is on a mission to hell? I'll take the latter. I like confrontations -+;
The water has a dodgy milky hue to it. Must be the solutes in the surrounding areas, made up primariy of clays and other sedimantary geology.
Brett Favre, on a crick, them traats don't care about looks. Just because you said, I am going to put diamond studs on my wading boots to bedazzle my fans with some bling. And get a spinneroonie for my reel so I look all gangsta and shit. The reel be spinning all day breh

BRAYden, That net has landed the browns of Jesus, including some foot long turds on stinkhorn (which I don't fish anymore because it gets asshammered)
Dude, go on, marinade on dat for a minute. <-;:
PTFranzen, work is shit mayne. I am still at the orrifice now b'; But thats because I shall fish next weekend.

bmadd

Not hating on your fish homey, just saying you look like you're shitting a net.

Transylwader

I always wonder if the wader manufacturers are gonna cave into bowel movements and pissers. I mean, you'd think they would make a zipper down there to whip out your Wang to take a leak instead of removing the durn thang. A shit whilst in waders is awful. I'll take off all my kit, since I projectile shit all over a pair one time. Nothing worse than walking 2 hours only to realize that rank smell was your own assholage all along.