News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

South Ho tailwater

Started by bugman, December 20, 2010, 22:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugman

I had the opportunity to fish the SoHo tailwater last Sat. and again today.  Good "bugs" both days – olives and even some "yellows", which is amazing.  Fished an area some distance from the noted spawning spots and saw a few browns, based on size, that I though should be on the redds, and even landed one on an olive imitation.  I also took a peek at a couple of the spawning areas before and after fishing.  I saw multiple redds, some with active participants.  All is good.

Get Bent

wheres the Ho's..... Your thread title caught my eye... -0-
Konichiwa Bitches!

glassfisher

Quote from: bugman on December 20, 2010, 22:48:16 PM
I had the opportunity to fish the SoHo tailwater last Sat. and again today.  Good "bugs" both days – olives and even some "yellows", which is amazing.  Fished an area some distance from the noted spawning spots and saw a few browns, based on size, that I though should be on the redds, and even landed one on an olive imitation.  I also took a peek at a couple of the spawning areas before and after fishing.  I saw multiple redds, some with active participants.  All is good.

Let-em work up an appetite, I got a little sumthin fer-em after they're done knocking fins. 

BTW, SOHO fish can be spooky, I'd recommend a lighter shade of lipstick next time you fish it.
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

bugman

Those fish, at the present, not engaged in spawning seem to have an appetite.  Last Saturday I had a good size brown (+20") rise from a crevasse multiple times to take god-knows-what on or near the surface.  I'd like to know why that fish wasn't staked out at one of the prime spots having sex. 

Please don't belittle the lovely Dorothy.  She evaporates from my psyche, then only to reappear when I see her on some commercial.  I am then again crazed with obsession.  I hope it doesn't last long this time, but this particular episode of lust and desire may help me get through this damned silly season.  And the wife doesn't mind; she enjoys Santa, gifts, lights, music – the whole hoopla, and she permits my simple non-holiday pleasures – anything to get me through.   

Regards and happy end of the year and beginning of 2011.

diaz dassie

Nicely done there mate. Didn't know the Hokies would give you time off to get some actual fishing done instead of looking at bugnads and so forth bd;0

flatlander

Good report.  I hope to wander over that way in the coming week or so. 

Rod Champion

The last two weeks are the first time I have caught the little browns you have been catching all year Bugman. ;D  just kidding.. The big fish moved to do there spawning and the last years hatch moved into their feeding lanes. 
I am encouraged to see the little fish. Hope the way they generated during spawning this year will not affect the eggs. We will see .
Have been reading Harry's  Terrestrial book over the snowed in Holidays. It is a dandy. I noticed your name is all in it.
Happy Holidays Bugman..
Rod
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822