News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Dougfish

Quote from: driver on March 22, 2020, 19:55:54 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 22, 2020, 08:51:34 AMJust heard of a possible silver lining from our global virus conundrum.  Decreased human daily activity = positive influence on climate change.           

This is mind blowing.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/asia/china-pollution-coronavirus-hnk-intl/index.html

I saw this earlier and the same reaction.
If you want to debate this shit, you are a special kind of stupid.
Stop polluting, nature starts to cure itself. If, if, we have not gone to far.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Sedition and Pockets

The local propertied classes are scrambling to make a few bucks off this.  All capitalism is disaster capitalism.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Onslow

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 22, 2020, 12:48:59 PMGreat Smoky Mountains National Park closes campgrounds, restrooms due to coronavirus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/great-smoky-mountains-national-park-closes-campgrounds-restrooms-due-to-coronavirus/ar-BB11xMkZ

I pee in fruit juice bottle.  Stopping at a public restroom is about a sensible as licking an airplane toilet seat.  Snowbirds from Canada are keeping things hot on the freeway.  All of the Florida goodness is being sowed along our interstate highway facilities.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Sedition and Pockets on March 22, 2020, 23:43:53 PMThe local propertied classes are scrambling to make a few bucks off this.  All capitalism is disaster capitalism.

"The mountain air is crisp and virus free..."

Except for those COVID cases starting to stack up in Buncombe County...
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Sedition and Pockets

Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 23, 2020, 09:48:09 AM
Quote from: Sedition and Pockets on March 22, 2020, 23:43:53 PMThe local propertied classes are scrambling to make a few bucks off this.  All capitalism is disaster capitalism.

"The mountain air is crisp and virus free..."

Except for those COVID cases starting to stack up in Buncombe County...

One of the owners of this company literally works for Mission.  It's completely incomprehensible outside of the framework of self-absorbed greed.

Woolly Bugger

A half-dozen state parks are now completely closed, including Hanging Rock in Stokes County and Crowders Mountain west of Charlotte. Campgrounds in all North Carolina national forests closed on Monday though at least mid-May.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 23, 2020, 22:06:05 PMA half-dozen state parks are now completely closed, including Hanging Rock in Stokes County and Crowders Mountain west of Charlotte. Campgrounds in all North Carolina national forests closed on Monday though at least mid-May.

Come April I may be camping in my front yard like a little kid.  b';   -p-

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 24, 2020, 12:52:53 PMHopefully Big J can explain this logic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/liberty-welcomes-students-back-from-break-despite-coronavirus/ar-BB11E5F4?ocid=primedhp

Don't look at me to try and explain this.  He was really being bullheaded about moving classes online when the school already has the online infrastructure in place considering it has the 2nd largest online program in the world.  My understanding is it is just degrees that require in-person hands on teaching.  Med school, nursing program, etc. But then again everything he says isn't aligned with what actually happens.  I really try not to read too much Falwell Jr. stuff because it is a little depressing. 

Yallerhammer

Meanwhile, the entire GSMNP has closed. This is overblown, ridiculous ignorance. I can go to Walmart, but I can't go somewhere back in the woods three miles from another human? This is absurd stupidity, and somebody needs to pay for hyping this panic.

Dougfish

SNP has shut the AT and the shelters. All facilities are closed. Fishing is open. Most trails are open. (They have closed high volume, stupid human trails.)
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 24, 2020, 16:20:52 PMMeanwhile, the entire GSMNP has closed. This is overblown, ridiculous ignorance. I can go to Walmart, but I can't go somewhere back in the woods three miles from another human? This is absurd stupidity, and somebody needs to pay for hyping this panic.

I would think they are concerned about bathrooms and the like .. doesn't make sense for a lot of people but you have to take care of the lowest common denominator
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 24, 2020, 20:44:15 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 24, 2020, 16:20:52 PMMeanwhile, the entire GSMNP has closed. This is overblown, ridiculous ignorance. I can go to Walmart, but I can't go somewhere back in the woods three miles from another human? This is absurd stupidity, and somebody needs to pay for hyping this panic.

I would think they are concerned about bathrooms and the like .. doesn't make sense for a lot of people but you have to take care of the lowest common denominator

People will just steal the toilet paper and hand sanitizer

Yallerhammer

They already had campgrounds, picnic areas, and bathrooms closed. Closing the backcountry is stupid.

Phil

Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 25, 2020, 09:33:13 AM

They already had campgrounds, picnic areas, and bathrooms closed. Closing the backcountry is stupid.

Agreed for sure.