News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

It's really getting to me

Started by kylemc, September 25, 2007, 14:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylemc

Well it has been 128 days since a have fished.It is starting to effect me mentaly and my liver is shot from pain meds and moonshine.I have become very short and ill temperd towards everyone.

I started to go over to TXfly's ridge and just lay some leader out for the brookies but I would just fall and mess it up again.I never dreamed of it being this hard to not fish or how much rivers and streams effect my overall attitude.

I have been in physical theropy for 3 weeks now and my range of motion is much better.The pt say maybe November for fishing and said the oars would still be out until further notice.

I NEED TO GET ON THE WATER BAD!!!

Thanks for letting me whine.

peter p

Hang in there Kyle and resist the temptation to fish.  I know when I snuck out and I wasn't supposed to, I slipped on some ice and landed hard on my shoulder.  Luckily, no further damage but it scared the hell out of me.   

PS  Share the meds!
Peter

troutphisher

know how ya feel Kyle.
I am sitting in Chicago, waiting to come back home. No fishing here, and from what I am seeing of the weather, no rain for the western mountians of NC either.

Sumbeech!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

La_Trucha

I feel for you Kyle! I really do. But you and I know very well that if you rest now, there will be more fishing in the future. If you dont, who knows, that's a bit grim, but a reality.

Oldman

No need to get concerned about it. The fishing is bad now anywho without any rain. So, lay back and plan for upcoming fishing trips.

Woolly Bugger

We'll post some more of those Jackson River rainbow soon. Might even go smallie fishin' tomorrow, shhhhhh...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

kylemc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 25, 2007, 19:16:16 PM
We'll post some more of those Jackson River rainbow soon. Might even go smallie fishin' tomorrow, shhhhhh...

Feeling better already :'(

Trout Chaser

Kyle,
I feel your pain.  I've only been trout fishing for brookies up here in the SNP once since April.  We've been dry all year. I sure hope you take the time to recover completely so that you won't have any set backs.  It's gonna take years for the streams to recover from this drought. :'(  Here's a few pictures of one of my favorite streams that I took a hike to today.  This stream used to be just full of brookies and a few nice ones to boot. In the mile or so of the stream bed I walked I only found 3 or 4 pools that held water and none were deeper than 6 inches. 

TC

pelcrk

i know how you feel. Hang in there and don't rush it.
Steve
It's all good drifts

Gofisher

Those pics are depressing Trout Chaser. :( Hang in there Kyle, it'll be time to hit the river before ya know it.
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

trouthemp

Maybe some friends of mine can help you out?

Sometimes we cook with this plant we find  ;D
were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

kylemc

feel much better now...Thanks for gurgaling Wooly....

small..yes...First fish in 131 days :P

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!