News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Simms for '06

Started by walt, October 05, 2005, 07:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt

Just a heads-up about Simms for the upcoming year.

1) Freestone Wader is being discontinued for a new Freestone that has built-in gravel guards.... available February or so.

2) A new L2 Wader... it also has built-in gravel guards.... available February or so. The current Lightweight will remain available but my guess is that it will be discontinued Fall '06.

3) A new G3 guide boot. It looked pretty good, but I can't vouch either way for it yet until field test.

4) Vests & packs remain the same.

5) A new Rivertek Wading GoreTex Jacket..... I liked the looks and it is cheaper than the G3 jacket.

6) What I really have enjoyed is the Rivertek layering..... field tested and it works and looks great. Some new pieces in January.

7) No price increases on waders or boots from '05.

HTH's,

Walt

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Woolly Bugger

Any word on briging back the Guide Weight Pants?

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

walt

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 05, 2005, 07:51:18 AM

damn, i wish!

imho, a sweet wader. i have a pair, going on 5 years now, no problems at all.... ceptin' the smell  :-\

keith..... the rivertek "replaced" the guide pant. it offers a neat conversion "sleeve" to a full chest wader. it's what i'll go to when the pants wear out.

walt
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

dblhaul

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 05, 2005, 07:51:18 AM

::)...Thought you had a romantic" annivesary " planned for yours..You replace waders about as often as I do..

dblhaul

I thought that was probably the case with the current" Freestone "model..4 layers for $129.OO , lotta wader for the bucks.