New Tent Arriving Tomorrow

Started by Phil, May 09, 2023, 15:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

My 6-7 year old Kelty tent has gotta go. I'm done with not being able to stand up inside and having to crawl out on all 4s. My bad back just can't take it anymore. Since I am accustomed to the space of a 4 man tent (no 2 man backpacker for me), I did a bunch of research and ended up ordering the MSR Habitude 4 tent. A bit pricey, but hopefully top quality. I don't like getting wet, so waterproofing is a major factor along with the headroom.
Will post a review after breaking it in at spring PFF next week.

https://www.msrgear.com/tents/camping-and-frontcountry-tents/habitude-4-family-and-group-camping-tent/13128.html

Phil

My review is that the tent is well worth the money. The materials are far superior to the Kelty and North Face tents I have owned. Set up is amazingly easy for one person to set up -- unlike many other "4 man" tents. No leaks in the rain we had (not very heavy rain, however), no problems with winds. Being able to fully stand inside and only having to bend over to enter and exit is a huge plus for me. Two thumbs up on the MSR Habitude 4 tent.
Edit -- roomy vestibule and lots of mesh pockets inside for gear.

22midge

fine looking tent Phil
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Dougfish

Nice.
But I can't fully stand up in it.  :laugh:
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dougfish on May 22, 2023, 18:29:54 PMNice.
But I can't fully stand up in it.  :laugh:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!