News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited bear news

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 09, 2015, 15:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwgnc

The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission said Dec. 9 that it has issued charges in a case where three bears were found mutilated — with their paws cut off and their entrails in a bucket — in Woodfin in late November.

John Robert Bunkley Jr., 26, who currently lives in Buncombe County, faces a long list of citations, according to the agency. Those are:
  • Attempt to take a deer during closed season
  • Littering
  • Three counts of unlawful transportation
  • Three counts of unlawful possession
  • Three counts of failure to register
  • Three counts of failure to validate
  • Taking a sow bear with cubs at its side
  • Two counts of going over the bear limit
  • No hunting license
  • No e-stamp — warning
  • No big game license
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

troutboy_II

I guess bears do other things in the woods...   :drum

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

jwgnc

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xUf9cO5aRUIMz0u2qhFkpR2y22MleBdy/view?usp=share_link

This is a big bear. A really big one.  That square black planter is a foot tall.

Stone-Man

I would guess that one at at least 400#

Certainly could go as high as 500 lbs.

JT

jwgnc

The neighbor had a railing ripped off his back porch that night, assuming he smelled their grill.  The grill wasn't damaged - maybe the rail falling spooked him.   I should have included a still. 

You cannot view this attachment.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Dee-Vo

This is in the middle of town in Mount Airy. Few miles from my place.

jwgnc

This guy got to a deck birdfeeder in the middle of the afternoon, and pulled it down before we heard him and chased him away. So after years of bringing the feeders in at night, no trash cans, and 3-4 trips a week to the collection center, now our deck is a food source? Grrrr.

He didn't run like heck when we opened the door. Not a good sign. We had to use the leaf blower on him. He hated it, but not enough.

Thirty minutes later he came back, and that's when I took this picture. Looks like he's thinking of buyin' the place. Sorry. We like our bears, but we like them to be skittish. By the time I got to the bear spray, he was 30 feet away. I didn't reach him, but I think he got a whiff because he huffed a few times and took off.

Woolly Bugger

Black bear walks into bakery and eats 60 cupcakes https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65762080

me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

RALEIGH, N.C. (June 7, 2023) — Results from the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission's 2022 annual bear harvest summary show that hunters statewide recorded the highest harvest total on record at 4,056 bears — an 11% increase compared to the previous season.

https://www.ncwildlife.org/Connect-With-Us/north-carolinas-bear-harvest-sets-record-for-2022-season?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nc-wildlife-update&utm_content=Copy+of+June+NC+Wildlife+Update
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?