News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Testing out the new camera TR

Started by The Dude, October 30, 2011, 19:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

I wanted to get out this weekend and check out the new camera.  I didn't really get into the bells and whistles for this report.  In fact, I just took it out of the box, charged the battery, set it on auto and went fishing.  I just went to a garden variety wild stream with roadside access, so this isn't a very interesting report.

First a shout out to the Saffa

It started out below freezing, but wind was not a problem and the bluebird skies allowed the sun to warm things to a very pleasant temperature.  I really didn't see much in the way of hatches, although after 2pm, I did see some rather large midges flying about.

Some fall foliage shots on the drive to the water.

Some fish

The brown man and me.

More fish.  I must have caught 50 fish, but none of them had any size.  There were some big fish in the stream, but I didn't catch them this time.  The takes were pretty subtle, and you had to be lightning quick on the hookset or they would spit the fly.  The fish mostly took a copper john or redass, with a few taking the stonefly.

Check out this dink.  For reference, that is a size 18 redass in his mouth.  The craziest part?  I caught about 5 or 6 trout of about the same size.  Gotta eat to grow.

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

I'd say it takes some mighty nice pics.   :D

Good way to break it in.  Glad to see the wild fish are still bitin'. 

Holmes

Seems to take pretty nice pics, be nice to see how sweet they'll be once you get all the settings figured out :)

FoulHook

Which camera is it? The pics look nice.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

Sweet reportage and pix. Good to see Bucky Boy out n about. Is that the Panasonic? Takes good pix -0-

The Dude

Yeah, hommes, it was the panasonic.  So far, GPS notwithstanding, it isn't much different than the Pentax Optio, although it does have optical zoom in video mode, and there is no audible click when mashing the zoom buttons when recording video.  Picturewise, its a wash.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

AL trout bum

Excellent pics!  'c;  That one pic with your dog and the trout, your dog is like, "Get that damn trout away from me."
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."