News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Weather Forecast

Started by Beetle, December 05, 2018, 16:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beetle

Calling for 8-12 inches of snow here in the Camel City on Sunday.

What's the forecast in your area?

Dougfish

Similar in Big Lick.
Although it's a moving target.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

it's still 3000 miles away.... waiting till Friday for an "accurate" forecast  /'/
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

The Sunday forecasts are always the same here in the Grove --- Methodist women, wearing panties, followed by men, rolling past the house every Sunday morning.

Now tell me, does getting old result in apathy towards the local weather?  I think about global conditions but have lost interest in the homegrown stuff.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on December 05, 2018, 18:46:04 PM

Now tell me, does getting old result in apathy towards the local weather?  I think about global conditions but have lost interest in the homegrown stuff.

No, it just means you're becoming unhinged.

BTW, did you help hang the green at the Methodist Church?

Onslow

Accumulation may not be the best metric to quantify the snowfall for this event.  Ground is still a bit warm.  It will probably take 18 inches of snowfall to result in a 12" accumulation.  I'm leaning towards camping in the snow this weekend.

Other weather goodies.  Thought this was worth reading
http://climate.ncsu.edu/climateblog?id=274

Stats for Nov
http://climate.ncsu.edu/climateblog?id=275

QuoteThe rain from both storms has many North Carolina locations and other sites across the eastern US already near or past their record annual precipitation totals entering December. With 95.81 inches so far this year, Wilmington is well beyond its old record of 83.65 inches, which it surpassed during Florence.

Along with being the wettest spot in the state in November, the Newport/Morehead City NWS office has set a new annual precipitation record of 95.69 inches and counting. New Bern also eclipsed its previous record during November, with 73.54 inches of precipitation this year.

A number of sites in western North Carolina, including Asheville, Highlands, and Statesville, are all on pace to set a new wettest year on record. With no end in sight to our current wet pattern, those may be easy achievements to reach as we close out the year.

Dougfish

The Sunday forecasts are always the same here in the Grove --- Methodist women, wearing panties, followed by men, rolling past the house every Sunday morning.

Panties? You surveying?
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

itieuglyflies

I am surprised that they haven't already announced school closing for all of  next week here in Richmond!

BRFFF

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Dougfish on December 05, 2018, 21:29:07 PM

Panties? You surveying?

Not panties, but I assess degrees of wadness.  So, from perusing the wad factor of the followers of the late John Wesley every Sunday morning, I assume there are women's panties and men's nut huts .

Amended:   Methodist women, wearing panties, followed by Methodist men, wearing boxers, rolling past the house every Sunday morning.

If NC gets that much snow, the Tarheels will have plenty of indoor time to formulate new and better methods of election fraud.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

All I know is that if we get as much snow as predicted, all you guys better keep it in your pants! Too many kids popping up from board members and not enough fishing as is.

ryguy

Quote from: itieuglyflies on December 05, 2018, 21:37:47 PM
I am surprised that they haven't already announced school closing for all of  next week here in Richmond!

That's coming soon! 

Beetle

BRFFF

Here is what Ray says !

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login