News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Rogersville?

Started by Stuart R., April 17, 2006, 22:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart R.

Do any of you guys fish at Rogersville? I am supposed to go down there to fish for the running Strippers, whites, and Hybrids. I haven't ever done this I need some help. My bud "a bait fisherman" who I am going with says they were catching tons of Whites on minnows. So I have box full of Clousers, he also said they were taking top water so have that cover some size 2 poppers. But how about buggers or anything like that? What colors of any fly that works. I know I may be biting off more than I can chew with the stippers but the hybrids and whites should be fun. I will have the 8wt back in action by tomorow so that will be the weapon of choice. Oh ya finished building agian the rod UPS broke. They did pay up with little pushing from me so I am overall please. But Back to tackle, I will also take a 6wt for back up. I have a floating line for the 8wt. Will that work? I am going to order another spool and a sink tip just haven't yet. Mya do that tonight. But oh well thought I would pick your brains a bit to see if anyone could help me. Thanks as usual.

STU

CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

streamer

White Crystal Buggers will work on the whites and the hybrids. Floating line should be fine as long as you're not fishing water beyond 6'-10' deep. 6 wt. should be enough rod for everything except the stripers, but it'd be fun to play the rockfish in too, as long as you're patient.

Streamer
Remember...We all live downstream.

phg

I don't know how big the stripers are durning the spawning run.  Small stripers, say 14" to 18" would be a hoot on a 6wt.  For flys, might I also suggest some crease flys for topwater minnow action?  They are really easy to make, light enough to cast with a 6wt, and can be very productive.