News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Main Menu

Recent posts

The Gravel Bar / Re: Gun laws
Last post by trout-r-us - June 19, 2022, 07:21:28 AM
You cannot view this attachment.
The Gravel Bar / Re: Road Rage / Crazy Drivers
Last post by Onslow - June 19, 2022, 06:25:49 AM
Had a dude on a motor bike pass me on a double yellow curve on crooked Rt 268. The dude was not some young punk ass, but in his 60s.  Three minutes later, he had pulled over, and was looking at his phone. 

Last post by itieuglyflies - June 19, 2022, 06:18:27 AM
Woolly- I am sure folks are finding something offensive in  all those window stickers you have on your car that is causing the rage!!
Last post by Woolly Bugger - June 18, 2022, 19:04:45 PM
You cannot view this attachment.

The Gravel Bar / Re: January 6th hearings
Last post by trout-r-us - June 18, 2022, 10:10:21 AM
This thread got me thinking of the forum member known as Sedition and Pockets. Clever handle and I respect what it represents. I really miss those briny fishing reports.
If you're out there, I hope you are well and ketchin' a bunch.
Last post by Onslow - June 18, 2022, 07:52:13 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 18, 2022, 05:33:57 AMThe Floyd riots, the Charlottesville revolution, and all other gatherings if rules and regulations are broken are unacceptable.  But looting a 711 or storming the streets of a university town carrying tiki torches does not compare to 6 Jan.  And anyone that makes a comparison or notes a similarity is a fucking idiot.

Happy Dad's day

Yes, you are correct.  The George Floyd riot damage is estimated at 1-2 billion dollars.  Capitol riots, 1.5-2.5 million.  Portions of Seattle were occupied for weeks by armed goons.

Food for thought.  If law enforcement would have been responsive in places like Seattle and Portland, Trump and his armed goon squads probably wouldn't have pulled this stunt.  Trump has a clear track record of exploiting weakness.
Last post by Onslow - June 18, 2022, 07:43:22 AM
Quote from: trout-r-us on June 18, 2022, 06:57:00 AMMy opinion:
Though placement of guns in schools MIGHT deter a mass shooter and divert him (it's rarely a her) to choose a softer target, perhaps he'll skip the school and head to a church, a food market, a subway car, a sporting event, a fly fishing show, etc. How many armed guards will we need to properly protect our citizens?

Any serious attempt to initiate change where cause and effect are at play is normally approached via use of a root cause analysis. Attempting to prevent a mass shooting by concentrating effort on how to kill the perpetrator once he is on the scene seems to me to be addressing the issue bass ackwards, or as some say having the tail wag the dog.

Peace not piece!

How does one go about to fix arrested development and lack of self control?  Sadly this is the the cause of the gun glut and shootings.

My definition of a gun glutton is one who owns over 10 guns, and 10k of rounds.

Last post by Trout Maharishi - June 18, 2022, 07:02:40 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 18, 2022, 05:33:57 AMThe Floyd riots, the Charlottesville revolution, and all other gatherings if rules and regulations are broken are unacceptable.  But looting a 711 or storming the streets of a university town carrying tiki torches does not compare to 6 Jan.  And anyone that makes a comparison or notes a similarity is a fucking idiot.

Unraveling 6 Jan and assuring it never happens again indeed should take precedence over gas and grocery prices, and 401Ks.  Particularly with this aging group of anglers.  Face it, we have a few decades remaining if we're lucky.  If given the choice, I'd take democracy longevity over growing investments or the low price of goods.   

Happy Dad's day

I'm 70 years old. I'm not buying long term investments like 30 years bonds <-;:  any more.
Last post by trout-r-us - June 18, 2022, 06:57:00 AM
My opinion:
Though placement of guns in schools MIGHT deter a mass shooter and divert him (it's rarely a her) to choose a softer target, perhaps he'll skip the school and head to a church, a food market, a subway car, a sporting event, a fly fishing show, etc. How many armed guards will we need to properly protect our citizens?

Any serious attempt to initiate change where cause and effect are at play is normally approached via use of a root cause analysis. Attempting to prevent a mass shooting by concentrating effort on how to kill the perpetrator once he is on the scene seems to me to be addressing the issue bass ackwards, or as some say having the tail wag the dog.

Peace not piece!

Last post by Trout Maharishi - June 18, 2022, 06:48:20 AM
George Floyd, crime and drug free since May 2020. I knew he could do it <-;:  I didn't have any money to send to Trump, I'd already sent it all to "Save The Wales" Even got a free tee-shirt.

Support the BRFFF