News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

unlimited odds and ends

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 13, 2020, 08:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Looks like some of the mountain communities will see catastrophic icing Wed. night into Thursday.  Meadows of Dan forecast looks rather hellish.

Dougfish

Generator will be ready, gas cans full. I was surprised we did not lose power Friday nite/Saturday morn. Old neighborhood. Overhead lines + lots of big shitty trees.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

bmadd

Roads were funny this morning

jwgnc

Quote from: bmadd on February 16, 2021, 12:18:13 PMRoads were funny this morning
Yikes.  NC or VA?  Looks like my home state of Michigan.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

bmadd

Quote from: jwgnc on February 16, 2021, 13:01:13 PM
Quote from: bmadd on February 16, 2021, 12:18:13 PMRoads were funny this morning
Yikes.  NC or VA?  Looks like my home state of Michigan.
West Tennessee

Phil

We're supposed to get ice Wed night, Thursday, and again Friday morning. My appt for my 2nd Phizer vaccine is Fri. 9:30 a.m. -- 25 miles down highway 321 in Lenoir. Aaack. Hope this doesn't get screwy.

jwgnc

Quote from: Phil on February 16, 2021, 15:16:51 PM
Quote from: Phil on February 16, 2021, 15:16:51 PMWe're supposed to get ice Wed night, Thursday, and again Friday morning. My appt for my 2nd Phizer vaccine is Fri. 9:30 a.m. -- 25 miles down highway 321 in Lenoir. Aaack. Hope this doesn't get screwy.

I had a similar situation for my first Moderna in Madison County.  Health Department opened up the schedule and said "get here when you can" - found out about it on their Facebook page.  Caldwell's is at https://www.facebook.com/CaldwellCountyHealthDepartmentNC.

Good luck.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Phil on February 16, 2021, 15:16:51 PMWe're supposed to get ice Wed night, Thursday, and again Friday morning. My appt for my 2nd Phizer vaccine is Fri. 9:30 a.m. -- 25 miles down highway 321 in Lenoir. Aaack. Hope this doesn't get screwy.

We've been lucky here on this section of the Allegheny Front.

There must be several still w/o power to the east and south.  My son left Sunday morning around 4am for southside VA.  He's called with news of many lines down, down trees, and long hours – thinks he'll be there several more days replacing poles, lines, and such.

Stay safe folks – spring is near!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on February 16, 2021, 16:21:21 PMThere must be several still w/o power to the east and south.  My son left Sunday morning around 4am for southside VA.  He's called with news of many lines down, down trees, and long hours – thinks he'll be there several more days replacing poles, lines, and such.

Stay safe folks – spring is near!

Neil was out about 48 hrs in Martinsville.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Dougfish

SRTU cleanup this am. In less than a mile of road along the river. 4 guys, 3 hours, 24 bags and a few bulky items. Fukkin humans.
I'm the goober on the right. :Dance 

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Woolly Bugger

good on ya @Dougfish, sure is a shame that so much trash is just thrown out the windows. And all those tires in the Smith...

Tires should be sold with a deposit.... $10 per tire instead of having to pay a $5 per tire fee to recycle...

jis say'in
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

good on ya @Dougfish, sure is a shame that so much trash is just thrown out the windows. And all those tires in the Smith...

Tires should be sold with a deposit.... $10 per tire instead of having to pay a $5 per tire fee to recycle...

jis say'in
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 20, 2021, 18:56:12 PMgood on ya @Dougfish, sure is a shame that so much trash is just thrown out the windows. And all those tires in the Smith...

jis say'in

imagine if that was the case,

a) peeps (meth heads included) would scour the river for tires..
b) meth heads would drown
c) tires would be stolen off of vehicles
d) nevermind... 
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 20, 2021, 19:00:51 PMgood on ya @Dougfish, sure is a shame that so much trash is just thrown out the windows. And all those tires in the Smith...

jis say'in
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 20, 2021, 18:56:12 PMgood on ya @Dougfish, sure is a shame that so much trash is just thrown out the windows. And all those tires in the Smith...

jis say'in

imagine if that was the case,

a) peeps (meth heads included) would scour the river for tires..
b) meth heads would drown
c) tires would be stolen off of vehicles
d) nevermind... 

Good job Doug and crew!!!

Used to refer to the Smith trout as junkyard browns.  Those old tires in the river do provide some wonderful refugia for the YOY browns, until they fill with the mica-laden sediments of the region.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

GREAT RIVERS OF THE WEST, LIVE!
Every Wednesday at 6pm - March 3rd through April 21st, 2021

https://www.westernrivers.org/great-rivers-of-the-west-live

Register and get a  chance to Win...

Gear Bonus! All registrants will be automatically entered to win in eight drawings for top-notch gear from Fishpond and Sawyer Oars. (You do not need to attend every presentation to win.)

it's free but they'll ask you to donate...

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Grand Canyon Protection Act passes House
The bill would permanently protect the region around the national park from new mining claims.

>>>The bill, introduced by Arizona Congressman Raúl Grijalva, permanently withdraws about 1 million acres of federal land around Grand Canyon National Park from mining claims, while leaving existing claims alone.

Grijalva said the measure would protect one of the nation's most beloved public lands and the Colorado River from possible contamination from uranium mining.

"We would risk a finite resource like the water in the Colorado River, the Grand Canyon itself, for a limited return given what's available in uranium," Grijalva said.

"I don't think there's anything wrong, nothing wrong, politically or against energy development or anything to say that this is a special place and that it needs to be protected in perpetuity. Period."

https://www.azpm.org/p/home-articles-news/2021/2/26/190161-grand-canyon-protection-act-passes-house/
me -There's a season?