Well, I figured I’d ask…. Sorry for a long post and no photos

Started by troutboy_II, March 18, 2024, 12:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutboy_II

First off, I know and support the unwritten (written?) rules about sharing specific creeks, etc.  :bow

That being said, I find myself with knee surgery finally being rescheduled to April 9th and Trout_girl and I are looking for a stream that is currently accessible to me with my worn out knee, but something different than what we have fished over the last twenty years in WNC. So, big ask I know, if anyone has any suggestions for interesting streams that are fairly close to parking and would be willing to pass them on to us, we would appreciate it.  Not looking for your honey holes or obvious choices (Davidson as an example or most DH spots), but somewhere off the beaten path that you found interesting but still not what you would consider "private".  I don't think this will be a last hurrah or anything dramatic like that, but clearly I will be on the bench for a while after the surgery and it would be cool if we could have one more interesting adventure before the robot goes nuts on my knee.

I figure I am currently good for 1/2 mile or perhaps a little more round trip to stream - probably depends on elevation change more than anything. Deeper streams offer cooling on joint so that adds to options. Some days are better than others, so not sure. Looking for spot within an hour drive of Mills River.

So, if you would like to offer a suggestion, please PM me or post here.  If you don't want to contribute, I completely understand. After all, it's not like I have a terminal disease or anything like that, fortunately. So, if you have a throw away that fits the above, please throw it our direction.

Thanks.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.