News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Turning leaves TR

Started by OldDominionAngler, October 11, 2011, 20:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldDominionAngler

Took the Monday holiday to work my way out of a little funk.  By funk I mean a mix of both good and bad happenings, but mostly a general hecticness that carried on for weeks and has a way of making you anxious about everything you're doing.  The car got broken into, then it died.  Then the camera died and was laid to rest next to the TV that stopped working.  The summer heat and humidity wore out their welcome; so did the traffic and the new boss.  It goes on.

So we started early and I showed a buddy a new stream.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dries and droppers.

Browns.

And a few brooks.

Fall is a great remedy.  Colored leaves and crisp air help to put things in perspective.  They tell you to buck up and appreciate what you have rather than what you don't.  I'm healthy.  Family and friends are healthy.  I have a car and a job to be pissy about.  I had some old stuff I could sell to get a new camera.  Hell, I get Columbus Day off and I can fish in a place that I love to fish.  Trout take good presentations and ignore bad ones.  But not all the time.  And it's fall.

benben reincarnated

Nice report man.  Purty looking stream, browns AND brookie.     

I'm all about having Columbus Day off as well...makes a great holiday for fall fishing.    :D

Holmes

Damn good TR Chris. I actually fished that one today. I first went to this super tiny trib stream that was mediocre post drought, but it turned out it's full of big brookies now. After I got my char fix, jetted up to the very lower end of your creek in the evening and landed a beast brown. TR tommorow.

As always good pics man. Nice to get away for awhile and enjoy the mountains. 'c;

OldDominionAngler

Looking forward to your TR Jesse.  Water was a low, yeah? My buddy moved a large brown when we started but didn't hook it.  We came back later and I threw a streamer at him...bumped it but I didn't connect.  I could have died easy had I landed that fish.

We worked in a little trib that's known for big brookies...hope it wasn't the same one.    8)

Holmes

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on October 11, 2011, 21:59:23 PM
Looking forward to your TR Jesse.  Water was a low, yeah? My buddy moved a large brown when we started but didn't hook it.  We came back later and I threw a streamer at him...bumped it but I didn't connect.  I could have died easy had I landed that fish.

We worked in a little trib that's known for big brookies...hope it wasn't the same one.    8)

Nope i'm leaving the brookies in that drainage alone for awhile. All the rain seems to be avoiding the big "river" and the little creeks that feed into it. I was a good ways north fishing a tiny little creek in a diff. drainage. I landed a 20 inch brown on your creek last year, so yeah the big boys are around. The big one I caght today was in the same area where I caught his big brother last year. Figures...

JWJ

Awesome. Serious reminded of how bad I need to learn how to take pictures.

AL trout bum

A damn fine TR indeed. The fish are colored up nicely, the surroundings are colored up nicely and you were out in it. I wouldn't complain either!
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

snagaluffaguss

jwgnc

Outstanding fishing and photos
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Holmes

hey ODA I got the pics up from my trip the other day. check out the snp section. tangled wiff da browns too... ;D