Warm Water Fly Fish Clinic - Fayetteville

Started by Al, June 03, 2008, 08:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

We still have some slots available for the Warm Water Fly Fishing Clinic being held on Saturday, June 21, 2008 between the hours of 9am to 3pm at the Pechmann Fishing Education Center in Fayetteville . The clinic provides an overview of warm water fly fishing, knot tying, casting instruction, habitat appreciation, fly tying demonstration and three hours of fishing for various warm water species.

I spoke with the regional biologist yesterday and he said they will be collecting thirty or forty 3+ pound largemouth bass and over a 100 good size bream for the clinic. We also have a pond full of hybrid bass, three ponds of catfish and one pond full of a mixture of warm water fish all of which are available for the actual fishing part of the program.

If you or friends and acquaintances would like to sign up contact Lake Rim Park @ 424-6134. Pre-registration is required. The registration fee is $5 (credit cards accepted). We will furnish all the fly fishing equipment, plus coffee, soda, water and donuts - can't beat that!

Al

Helped the NCWRC collect some Shellcrackers for the Warm Water Clinic today.

With this boat you don't need a fishing pole.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

We collected almost 100 in about 30 minutes on the water.

These were the biggest shellcrackers I have ever seen.

I expect they will put a good bend in a flyrod.

Going after some big bass next week.

lepomis_mcro

(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!