TM and Gerome the Gnome go camping and fishing.

Started by Trout Maharishi, May 28, 2011, 12:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Started the trip out with a nice little 3 day side trip over to Townsend TN for Troutfest and the Little River TU Banquet. Had fun hanging out with the locals, and Troutfest is always my favorite venue to tie at. Good people, and you are right at the back door to the park. From there Gerome and I headed for a secret WNC location to meet up with some nefarious characters of dubious origins. After several hours of studying secret maps, going over notes, all the while  talking in hushed tones about the destination, we plotted the best course of assault. :-X

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

There were many dangerous stream crossings, high rocky ridges, and waterfalls to climb. :o

After a hard morning of hiking we were rewarded with some fine fishing. Gerome may have caught what may possible be a new species of trout. ;DGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

We made camp for the night and proceeded to drink us some good hippie beer. 8)Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

We made dinner and enjoy fine cigars and hippie beer by the fire.

After a week of fun and fishing this trip ended just like so many others do. Broke, with nothing to show for it but broken dreams, and hopes.Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Gerome is the best navigator ever ;DGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

I no longer pursue large fish. I'm am in search of "wild" places with "wild" fish. I use to think showing photos of small fish was a type of conundrum, it's about the outdoor experience while fishing. I see now that posting photos of large fish only causes jealousy and envy. I have moved on with my life.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

5xTippett

It was an honor to get to meet snd fish with Gerome.  He was a little gentleman.  I, also am trying to be a better sportsman.  I caught 2 browns under 5 inches today on the Smith.  Am I cool or what? -0-

benben reincarnated

That's some good beer you got there.  Just finished off a growler of wee heavyer the other night.   ;D

I need to meet Gerome and get him to tell me about some secret streams....of course he may be like Peter P and tell me nothing of any value.

5xTippett

"From there Gerome and I headed for a secret WNC location to meet up with some nefarious characters of dubious origins. "  Quote by TM.   I am not trying to tell you what to write or anything. You are considerably older than me, with all the additional years of wisdom that brings, but I don't think I would be talking about Peter P that way.  I KNOW I would not be talking about TP that way! 

peter p

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on May 28, 2011, 14:29:45 PM
posting photos of large fish only causes jealousy and envy.

At least post the picture of Jermone and Larry.  I know you have one.   
Peter

purple squirrel

Nice trip and I too have grown to love the hunt for small wild fish  'c;.
I also enjoy a good smoke and the occassional adult beverage but a bit nervous about the picture that includes cigar butt, beer, a lawn ornament, pocket change and a condom taken on a camping trip  :-\.  Just saying

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

glassfisher

Quote from: 5xTippett on May 29, 2011, 00:03:19 AM
It was an honor to get to meet snd fish with Gerome.  He was a little gentleman.  I, also am trying to be a better sportsman.  I caught 2 browns under 5 inches today on the Smith.  Am I cool or what? -0-

I'm over big fish, that's my new excuse anyways...  :D
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

diaz dassie

U bluelining bastage! I recognise all of those pix, except for that evil sidekick/henchman of yours. Bummed I didn't get to feesh with ya.
Epic my brother 'c;
Judaculla is watching you :o

troutphisher

It was a fun fishing week. The insects hatched at almost precise times every day.
The sulphur hatch was the most fun. The fish lazily sipped them in the slots and seams.

I never get tired of the slow motion sips, the wake created as the fish move to wards the fly, the white inner mouths as they open inches before the drift, then the slow decent with fly in tow.

I fished a size 18 sulphur snow shoe wing emerger casting up near the undercut banks and near the rodos. It was a blast.

The hatch lasted well into the magic hour, even to the point of darkness where I could no longer see the fly and the bats were patrolling the air picking off flys that managed to elude trout.

The day ended even better than it started, fishing with old friends and making some new ones, joking and laughing about the days fishing, while tipping a few cold beers down.

They were fine days indeed gents.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

cypresstrout

This is the best report I've read in a good little while!   bd;0

blue ridge angler