New River Float - Saturday June 23

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 24, 2007, 11:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Drove up to meet the CFF group float, meet rodwrapper, oldman, disco, ODG3, ZZDruid for the 6 mile float from the 221 bridge down to little Egypt (Nile Road). I fished a Todd's wiggle minnow (tiger) pattern and caught a few, being stubborn by nature i continued to fish this fly. Even though I knew after a while I should have switched... Oldman was fishing mostly hardware and landed the most fish... followed closely by Disco, who caught a couple of real nice ones. I didn't catch that many or any worthy of breaking out the cellphone camera.....

The algae was pretty think for this time of the year, I guess we need a lot of rain to flush that crap away....
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Here's a pic on one of Disco's better fish. Ralph's got a picture of the bigger one...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

lepomis_mcro

sounds like you guys had a good time.. i wish i wasnt working saturday.

we drove up and floated sunday, and it was fishing a lot better than a few weeks ago when i went up.

(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

outdoorguy3

Life's about havin' FUN!!!

Discomidge

It was a good weekend, cooperative fish, good food and camping and being rowed down the river by a good friend 0--0
Y'all keep posting those pics of me and smallies and people are gonna get the wrong idea and think I know sumpin' bout catchin' em  ;D

Kim 8)
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Mstash

Can't do unless you have a good guide ;D ;D ;D ;D

outdoorguy3

Rick,

All ya gotta do is listen to your "bird dog".....eh ,Disco!

Ralph   0--0
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

Peddler

Quote from: outdoorguy3 on June 25, 2007, 21:04:30 PM
Rick,

All ya gotta do is listen to your "bird dog".....eh ,Disco!

Ralph   0--0

Naaaa... it's all about that hat!  0--0 ;D
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.