Upcoming trip to the Smith

Started by 19ertim, May 09, 2009, 06:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

19ertim

Hello all,

I am from PA. but I will be in VA. on business and I want to fish the Smith near Bassett on the 16th and 17th of May. What can I expect as far as possible hatches. I will have BWO, Caddis and an assortment of nymphs. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Al

You have just about got it covered. Send me a pm with your email address and I will send you a couple maps which I have here in my computer - They will help you get around and also help in gaging  the generation surge

rjs123

Al is the expert, Im not :)  but Id be willing to help in anyway I can.  I live in Fieldale and have fished the river almost everyday for the last couple of months.  Id offer to show you around but Ill be in Georgia that weekend and should get back to VA on Monday.

Shane

I wouldn't be on that river this time of year without some light hendricksons and sulphurs.

Just make sure you stay out late enough in the day to catch the hatches.  Sunset is a great time if you're in the right place.

S

Woolly Bugger

+ 1 on sulfurs and staying late...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

bmartin

Hey - good luck on the Smith - I feel truly blessed to live there.  I will tell you that they are planning to generate Saturday afternoon though. I think from 3pm to 11pm - you definately don't want to get caught out there when the water comes up !