Got my a partner for the pond today

Started by Al, July 05, 2020, 19:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

I've been bitching about no one available to hit the local farm pond with me so when an active duty soldier from Ft Bragg said "I'll go" I jumped right on it. It was pretty warm and he's probably regretting his decision to wear shorts but overall we did pretty well.  Lots of weeds busted loose from the bottom since I was there last and the prevailing winds have deposited them up near the dock so we didn't catch any off the dock or up near the dam - I'm sure they were there but the weeds kept fouling our presentations.

First fish of the day was a big bream which busted a top water plug. It was probably thinking "if I can catch that big thing splashing around up on top I won't have to eat again for a week".
You cannot view this attachment.

I wasn't exactly gang busters but my partner in front was putting a bend in his rod fairly often. Most of his came to a top water lure. Some were in the "that's a nice one" category.

Al finally puts a few on the board. Most of mine came to a floating worm rig that is retrieved about 6 inches below the surface.

It went like that for about 4 hours. Got into a couple of situations were it was one right after the other but for the most part they were biting just enough to keep it interesting.
Big fish of the day came right at the end. It was caught by my partner on a top water lure.

OK, for you folks wondering what that productive top water lure looked like - here ya go! 
What you are looking at from top to bottom is the top water lure, my floating worm in the color that worked best today. It had just recently been torn loose while fighting a fish so my partner snagged it along with some of the weeds we had to contend with all day.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

All in all a pretty good day.

Al

Not sure why those last two photos keep showing up - tried to delete them but can't figure it out b';  Live with it!!!

Big J

That last bass is a pig.  Health little pond there.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Al on July 05, 2020, 20:02:30 PMNot sure why those last two photos keep showing up - tried to delete them but can't figure it out b';  Live with it!!!

beats me, I've tried to fix it...  do you get Ralph to help by mashing buttons?
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Stone-Man

Damn nice trip w/ some pretty bassums. Are the bluegill spawning in that pond now  ???

JT

driver

Quote from: Stone-Man on July 06, 2020, 10:58:05 AMDamn nice trip w/ some pretty bassums. Are the bluegill spawning in that pond now  ???

JT

Bluegill have been spawned out for a while down here in that flat lands. Most still water is 85 degrees plus.

bmadd

Bluegill will typically spawn several times a summer. Almost every full moon will bring another wave of spawners. Not saying those are, just that numerous spawns a year aren't uncommon