News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

A few pics

Started by twinbridges, May 29, 2015, 10:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbridges

Fishing is up and down as the rivers are on the rise again.  Big Hole at about 3600 cfs or so.  Had a very good day on the Big Hole from Dead Zone to Brownes Bridge with lots of big brown trout.  Picky what they would eat but with the right thing, game on.

Next day fished with friend from Notch Bottom to Pennington on the Big Hole and it was very hard fishing.  Got a few but nothing to write home about.  And then it got dark, then it got cold and then we watched the sleet and rain coming toward us.  It went from shirtsleeve to freezing in about 2 minutes.

Saw the first calf moose and the cow.  Calf looked to be hours old!  On an island in the Big Hole.  They do like their privacy.

twinbridges

Woolly Bugger

looks inviting! wish I was traveling west this summer....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Rhody

nice pics, maybe still
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

flatlander

Nice.  Don't let all the water drain out of the tub before I get out there.

twinbridges

Fished the Big Hole today over by Melrose and it was good fishing with water at 3530 and vis fine.  The fish at these flows are in soft insides are quiet places.

More rain last night and it has been cloudy all day so we should be saving some water.  Optimism is a necessity for a person that fishes. 

flatlander

Yes...been watching Canyon Ferry fill up.  It just passed 90%.  Hopefully the continued weather pattern will get it to 97%.