News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bonds: new record or just and *?

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 08, 2007, 09:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Bonds the new HR King? or just an Asterisk in the books.

Asterisk *
6 (54.5%)
New HR King!
1 (9.1%)
who is Barry Bonds?
0 (0%)
who cares
2 (18.2%)
i was fishing, what are you talking about?
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

In a related news item...

MLB To Place Asterisk, Pound Sign, Exclamation Point, Letter 'F' Next To Bonds' Name In Record Books
Read the whole story @
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/48895

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

He is and always has been such a jerk, who cares about the roids. Sad that such a prestigious record had to fall to such a poor excuse for a human being :(
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

The sign the fans are holding up say's it all.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

phg

...uhm, this is pro sports, like football, basketball, wrestling, roller derby....

Who in their right mind could really care?

Fire-Fly

Bonds breaking this record with the use of any performance enhancing meds. is a disrespect to a wonderful game, one of the few purely american traditions. Whether it was legal at the time or not to use steroids and hgh, blemishes the true nature of sports. It would be like someone dangling a live minnow off of a pheasant tail nymph and catching a world record Brookie, then turn around and bask in the glory and say it was caught on fly tackle. Although the statement is true, the purity of the sport is hurt, there is nothing but shame in it, and Bonds, Maguire, and all those in sports who use anything but their God given ability to achieve greatness should hold their heads low in shame, for they have disrespected all those before them that did it on determination and heart alone. For a player like Lou Gerhig to play all those games with pain and sickness and to keep on for years with just heart and love for the game to keep him going has probably rolled over in his grave. I applaud all those who achieve greatness with nothing but their mind, body, and soul.

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Thanks for your words on the subject Fire-fly!!

Kudos for saying what a lot of us feel!
me -There's a season?

flyman

I have his rookie card, how much you reckon it's worth ;D
Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

troutphisher

Wow!

I didn't know he played in the Ethiopian league!