A short video clip of the Madison River this Summer.....

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 19, 2007, 13:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

This is a just a short video clip of the Madison where I caught the brown pictured below... it'll give you an idea of the stream flow....  ;D

Madison River Video Clip

The River IS a lot bigger than it looks in the video as there isn't anything to scale it against....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phg

Looks really clear!  Can you wade across, or is that an illusion too?

brownhunter

Man, that is some beautiful water. It really makes me want to get back home, as I am originally from there.
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Woolly Bugger

Paul, there is no way  :o to wade across that flow!  :o Three steps towards the middle of the river and you'd be in hip deep water and the current would carry you several miles downstream.  :o I was using 2 - 4 AB shots on the river!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

troutphisher

WOW!!!!

That is Pretty good looking water!
What was the flow, and how deep was it ?

Very nice Wool!!!!!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutphisher on September 19, 2007, 15:27:35 PM
WOW!!!!

That is Pretty good looking water!
What was the flow, and how deep was it ?

Very nice Wool!!!!!

Can't remember the cfs but it was a LOT, the water was up in the grass. The water right behind the bolder was chest deep!
me -There's a season?

peter p

I remember when I fished there a few years ago.  We took about 4 steps into the river and cast to the bank.  It was all we could do to keep from floating down stream.   
Peter

Woolly Bugger

This pic will give you some sense of the size of the river. I shot this from a gravel bar that lead about 1/4 to 1/3 of across the river. You are looking back upstream.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Original size file http://www.brfff.com/btwc/ff2007/maddypano.jpg
me -There's a season?

Boykin

AHHH, the mighty Madison! One giant riffle! Its about bunny fur stripping time out there.

teachrtec

Brad  8)

Peddler

You outta have stood on that big 'ol rock and did your best Jason Borger shadow cast impersonation!
Woolly Borger! Has a certain ring to it.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Woolly Bugger

okay, i'm playing around with with youtube and here's the same clip with the brown trout too!

[yt=425,350]Nhu0HIufpOg[/yt]
me -There's a season?

pelcrk

Man, I love that place. The first time I fished it I had a 7'6" 4 wt( the only rod I owned at the time).Nice brown.
Steve
It's all good drifts

zzdruid

I could while away the hours, conversing with the flowers, conferring with the rain........ IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN

Silver Creek

I think you are around the $3 bridge area. Am I correct?
Regards,

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy