Soliciting reviews for the following waders

Started by Onslow, November 08, 2015, 20:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Redington Sonic Pro.  I'm well aware they're an assault on the eyeballs.  Checking if they're comfortable and durable. 

May also consider these.  http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabela-s-guidewear-174-men-s-waders-with-4most-dry-plus-trade-/1733613.uts

Does anyone here have these varieties in their possession?  My Simms Freestones leak so much at this point, I might as well wet wade.  I would spring for high end Simms, but have many other pressing needs.

Dee-Vo

How long have you used the Freestones?

I've only been using mine for over a year and have leaks here and there: Around the stocking foot, somewhere on one of the legs, and also around the crotch somewhere. I'm largely unimpressed. I've been contemplating sending them back for repair, but need them.

benben reincarnated

Onslow

Quote from: wademaster on November 08, 2015, 20:40:03 PM
How long have you used the Freestones?

I've only been using mine for over a year and have leaks here and there: Around the stocking foot, somewhere on one of the legs, and also around the crotch somewhere. I'm largely unimpressed. I've been contemplating sending them back for repair, but need them.

5-6 years.  I have not treated them well either.

Dee-Vo

I use waders in colder temps.

Onslow, you've gotten way better service from yours than I have. I need to repair mine. Numb feet are no fun.  ;D

driver

Simms G3.. may be pricey but worth it. 3 years of hell and no leaks. Hell there is even a tear in one of the legs.

I had the  freestones. First pair leak in seam, they sent new, second pair leaked in seam. Bought G3

Yallerhammer

Quote from: benben on November 08, 2015, 20:58:20 PM
seriously, you all use waders?

Just wait about 20 years.  ;D

Onslow, I don't have either one of those specific models, but any Cabelas waders I have bought in the past have been money.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Transylwader

Yes. A desert inhabitant transplanted to the Northern hemi, cold sucks and I ain't walking around with a prune cock for hours after fishing.
Benny, you are not wading up to your nuts on a blueline and if you are, you are spooking the fukk out of the furshes.
I also wear waders so I can look like one of those hardcore muthafuckers who fish DH during the week. They look so bad ass. p;-
Kenjamin,
Get you some Orvis Sonic convertibles. I loves them. You can take a piss without having to undress/derobe and fill your waders with your own slash. I have had mine since Oct of 2012 and I have yet to find a pair that lasted this long. I have however fixed em a few times, but they have seriously seen some time on the water. The next set of waders are going to have knee pads and a zip at the back so I can truly say I got fucked on a trout stream.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Transylwader on November 10, 2015, 11:29:35 AM
Benny, you are not wading up to your nuts on a blueline and if you are, you are spooking the fukk out of the furshes.

Correct, I'm not. 

I'm moving and rock hoping and bush whacking a larger percentage of time compared to standing in water which is never higher than thigh deep.  If I stood and flogged one hole with 30 casts back to back then maybe waders would be practical.   They just don't suit my fishing style.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Transylwader on November 10, 2015, 11:29:35 AM

Ah YES, I had forgotten about this pic Mike.   :-*

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Transylwader

They just don't suit my fishing style.
[/quote]
Stay the fukk outta my turf!
I'll be shortly appointed to water bailiff of the Cane River and y'all can sukk it!

Onslow

Quote from: Transylwader on November 10, 2015, 11:53:04 AM
They just don't suit my fishing style.
Stay the fukk outta my turf!
I'll be shortly appointed to water bailiff of the Cane River and y'all can sukk it!
[/quote]

When are you moving?  I didn't think you'd stay in Louisburg long enough to get water hot.  That effing Franklin County isn't any place for Europeans.  Cockbiting ticks, ankle munching no see ums, and gluteal fold munching chiggers.  What a miserable place. None of third world crap in Sorry cnty.

Transylwader

Quote from: Onslow on November 11, 2015, 19:49:19 PM
When are you moving?  I didn't think you'd stay in Louisburg long enough to get water hot.  That effing Franklin County isn't any place for Europeans.  Cockbiting ticks, ankle munching no see ums, and gluteal fold munching chiggers.  What a miserable place. None of third world crap in Sorry cnty.
Drop dead date in July 31, 2016. Raleigh is pune. I'll come back to visit mates and stick gar, but it ain't no Cape Town.
3rd world vibes in the Yancey urea. Those mountain fukkers are gonna dig my accent and my "I feel nothing" demeanor. <-;:

ptfranze

Quote from: Onslow on November 08, 2015, 20:28:55 PM
Redington Sonic Pro.  I'm well aware they're an assault on the eyeballs.  Checking if they're comfortable and durable. 

May also consider these.  http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabela-s-guidewear-174-men-s-waders-with-4most-dry-plus-trade-/1733613.uts

Does anyone here have these varieties in their possession?  My Simms Freestones leak so much at this point, I might as well wet wade.  I would spring for high end Simms, but have many other pressing needs.

I have a pair and they are durable.  Had them for about 3-4 years now, very comfortable.  I am starting to get a very slow leak right at the bottom of the zipper, so any time I get out of anything over waist deep it looks like I pissed myself.     p;-  The leak is really slow and I don't even see it a problem.  I will look to fix it before winter fishing begins. 

Onslow

The Redington Sonic pro waders purchased last Winter has seen about 50 hours of use.  Interior seam tape is rupturing, and now the waders fill with water.  Going back to Simms.