News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

A Report of November (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, December 02, 2017, 10:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

November held quite a few different outings. Fishing overall wasn't stellar.

Buddy came down from Ohio. We explored and burnt a fuck ton of gas. Good times were had. The majority of the streams we planned to explore were blown to shit from several inches of rain that pounded the mountains as we arrived. We made the best of it.

This stream is one I've had in mind for a good long while. An odd stained tint to the entirety of it.  It didn't fish well, although we didn't have time before dark to venture even further. Creek bottom was sand, almost exclusively. I'll bet it's money way up top. We should've camped.

A beach on the creek. No joke.

Went here brown huntin'. Shit was blown big time. We tried with no luck.

Did I mention the fishing sucked?

Buddy scored a couple here. Then he fell the fuck in over his head at around 40 degrees. I laughed.

Trophy.

Buddy went back to Yankee town. I went fishing more. Here, a couple on a four wheeler are investigating my pickup. I MAYBE had permission. I hid behind the creek banks. They left and I kicked up dust.

Landed this snake of a brown early one cold morning. He looked hungry.

Random redneck car customization. Fender flares on a Beretta, I think.

Out of order. 

Threw some meat to browns several outings. This one came out to play. I disturbed its mating ritual.

Being the nice guy that I am, I took this 16 year old out fly fishing for the first time. He did well. He didn't, however, know how to properly tighten his laces. Several miles in, I made him retie these boots. Too late. Blisters for weeks, bitches. I put about 5 miles on his ass this day. Not sure if he'll go back with me. This area was slammed with tornados a while back. Scary shit. Acres upon acres were decimated.

Great wild 'bow stream didn't produce this time.

His feet when we were done that evening. Boom.

A black leaf.

A 27 degree morning landed me in this flow.

A hole that should hold a 25" Leroy instead houses mink. What a surprise. They likely chow on these fish often. Sorry, Leroy.

This was November.

Dee-Vo

Are these pics fukked up for everyone? Wtf.

Dee-Vo

For once, they're working fine via Tapatalk, but not on desktop.

Dee-Vo

Reposting fucked up pictures.

Onslow

Nothing wrong with your first post.

Hate you didn't do better in Pisgah land, but hey, the local brown is looking mighty fine. 

Dee-Vo

Honestly, I'm figuring out that on brown and brookie levels, local waters hold their own, if not better than many I've seen. Wild 'bows seem to be abundant, but not much size to flaunt.

I've convinced myself recently to really pour over quality water in my backyard to learn it on a more personal level, in turn, landing fish we didn't know about. This goes for smallmouth and trout. I shall not venture to far off lands any longer for fish when just as good or better is directly under my feet.

#fishlocal

Woolly Bugger

nice photo dump   'c; .... but this report requires double ply!  -+;  and fuk those heels look painful  :o
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Great pics (both times) and good-looking fall trouts with scenery. Damn, those blisters look like a bitch. Good on ya for getting out in freezing temps.

itieuglyflies

Great report.....but my feet hurt

Dougfish

Fucking tenderfoot. Merino wool, or gtfo.

Good on ya.  'c; I need to get in the woods. Maybe after it rains Tuesday.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Stone-Man

Nice flicks-Dee

You ever try that good blue line that I told you about down near Saluda Mtn   ?

JT

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Stone-Man on December 03, 2017, 11:40:56 AM
Nice flicks-Dee

You ever try that good blue line that I told you about down near Saluda Mtn   ?

JT

I haven't tried it yet. Hopefully I'll make it out there. Sounds like an adventure. Ha.

Aka

Quote from: Dee-Vo on December 02, 2017, 10:22:47 AM

Threw some meat to browns several outings. This one came out to play. I disturbed its mating ritual.

If you're taking them off their redds you should be made to eat that toilet papaer after you've used it.

DRIFTS

Nice, hopefully Dec. will be as good! 'c;
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

BrookieHunter

Blue Jeans and wet wading in November, breaking that kid in right.  'c;