News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

My annual trout TR

Started by RiverbumCO, May 11, 2016, 17:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverbumCO

Kinda had a stressful/exciting week. Had a metal roof put on, buncha various mothers days gatherings, and the prospect of a new career. Monday i was offered a job, i counter-offered more money hoping they would meet in the middle and found out this morning they accepted my full amount. I had planned to work on the boat but it was raining, which is brown trout weather. So i packed up my shit and went to a new section of a big creek i really like.  This particular creek is cool bc it has stockers upstream, and browns/smallies down low. You really dont know what will happen, but I throw big ass streamers and eliminate most of the fish immediately.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Within 5 min of wading out this rainbow cannibalized a rainbow colored streamer. Bitch went nuts, actually pretty tough to land with no net and no beachy area. Shes a long way from where she was put in.   I have no ide how yall take good pics by yourself without killing every fish.

When i first walked down to the river i had cast out just to wet the fly good so itd sink fast if i spotted a fish. I usually do that. Well, had a big swirl but it missed. So after fishing my way back up to this hole, i went with a bigger fly. First cast i felt a heAdshake and the fish went nuts. It jumped and ran so im thinking another stocker bow. After a several minute fight i finally beach a fuckin brown. I marked a spot on the rod and measured at home. Twenty dick inches.  My biggest for this place, Phal or Wade may have bigger.

Up until this point it had been a "piss you off" rain. You put a jacket on, it quits. Take jacket off, it rains again. When the sun popped out i knew browntown was closed, but it worked out bc i had a bunch of smallie water in front of me.  I caught none of those, but i switched to a small clouser and got a few rock bass. I took no pics of rock bass.

Upstream got back into trouty water, but one decent swing and miss by a nice brown was all i got.

Ouch

Sketch walk out

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Onslow

Yep.  Pity the bass didn't play.  The bass in the area don't fool around.

Dougfish

Bravo for all things, Bum.  bd;0

Life piles all that shit on ya in short order for a reason.

Wish I knew what it was.  d:b
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Boom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

That's some good stuff, dude. I wish I could've been un-gay and tackled that shit today as well.

Nice brown. Stockers or not, those 'bows ain't no walk in the park to handle.

Good luck with the job thing.

Yallerhammer

Good stuff. That bow don't look at all like a fresh stocker, it's done gone native.  ;D I need to make myself throw streamers more than I do. I definitely catch some bigger fish when I fish them, I just don't like it as much as fishing dries or nymphs.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Grannyknot

Congrats on the new job dude.
New job, new roof, hitched soon, trout fishing, boat work.  Making Riverbum great again.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Big J

Dang, you have a lot going on.  I'm shocked you went trout fishing.  Congrats on the new job. 

Jfey

Eff ya bud.  Congrats on all the above.

I've found that if  you gently tap the fish against a rock it will stun them long enough to get a good pic.
Yup, going fishing

driver

Quote from: Jfey on May 12, 2016, 09:24:10 AM
Eff ya bud.  Congrats on all the above.

I've found that if  you gently tap the fish against a rock it will stun them long enough to get a good pic.
Thats one way to do it. I just wack em as hard as i can with the butt of my knife. Its easy to take pics when they are on a stringer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yallerhammer

When the water gets low in late summer, I just dispense with the rod altogether and shoot 'em with a .22 rifle. You can hold your finger over the bullet hole. I carry a 18" sawed-off rod butt with an old fly reel on it in my pocket to put behind the fish in the photo.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

NCsporksman

Riverbum on the up and up!...enouff of that trout shit from you, let me know when the boat floats and find me a deal on backing (flouro orange)

ptfranze

Man those are some nice looking fish!  Sounds like you have a shit load going on, always nice to find a break and fish  'c; 'c;

ncguy

I use the Gamatsu "Extra Wide Gap (EWG) Monster" hook. If you get a good strip set it'll usually pierce the brain. Kyle taught me that.