News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Exist. Everyone Does It....

Started by Dee-Vo, June 07, 2020, 15:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

Maybe I've let things in that I should've kept locked out. Time runs thin. Life feels as if it's slithering away.....and you can only grasp at that seemingly slender tail for so long, because as it gets thinner and thinner, you know soon enough there will be nothing left. You only have what you have had. There's no extension on this ride.

Simple Outdoor Immersion

Relaxing outside with a great novel in hand.

Watching the White-breasted Nuthatches and potpourri of woodpeckers take turns snacking on the suet while feeling the sun on my skin.

Seeing the Eastern Bluebirds pick up insects from the green grass.

Observing the many cicadas flutter aimlessly about the warm June air only to clumsily land on the nearest fruit tree leaf. Hearing the constant shrill ocean of sound that surrounds us all. Nature's siren.

The occasional skink will venture by me sneakily with its tiny legs moving so fast that they're not but barely perceptible, and it halts suddenly to sip from the tiny puddle left by the garden hose only an hour earlier.

An evening American Robin quietly arrows through my peripheral vision on its way to hop happily around the yard in hopes of hunting up the fresh earthworm.

A breeze will intermittently soften the harshness of the sun's brilliance briefly until the full wave of heat returns yet again and again.

The distant hawk's screech snaps you out of your mindless, numb, but comfortably hazy reverie as it fusses with the black bird that insists on endlessly being a bother a few hundred feet up in the blueness of our summer sky.

This is nature in my eyes. And it's everywhere around us. Just stop and listen. Take it in. Feel what is happening right before your eyes.

Impressive natural entertainment. Turn that tv off. Lay the phone down. Grab a book and indulge. Put those senses to work. Use them.

Learn. Breathe. Refresh.