Started by Rod Champion, August 26, 2013, 10:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod Champion

Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

rbphoto

So now we will have a war on how many fronts?

And who's to blame?

And how will we pay for this one?

b';
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

F.You

Send in the drones. 'c; Ovomit loves him some drones 'c;

Clemsontygerfan

I was there several months ago and saw it first hand. I guess it took that long to be "undeniable".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23844643

Aka

Kind of reminds me of Iraq. Except that they have weapons of mass destruction and are using them. Other than that, ya exactly like Iraq (minus they didn't try and kill anyone's daddy).

Trout Maharishi

I knew that bitch was lying ;D I didn't know they tried to kill her daddy. I though he was already dead? :laugh:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Aka

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 29, 2013, 20:20:03 PM
I knew that bitch was lying ;D I didn't know they tried to kill her daddy. I though he was already dead? :laugh:

Ha! It can be spread so many different ways.

I just hope we don't get tied into another bullshit war where the only thing you can count on is that the people were told were fighting for are just waiting for their chance to get us.

Trout Maharishi

I agree, I'm sick of us being in Afghanistan. I see this as another one of those no win situations.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

wind_knot

Al

Dangerous game we are playing. I don't see the USA coming out on top no matter what happens. We lost that all important "respect" a long time ago and no amount of chest thumping or drone strikes is going to win it back. Same goes for doing nothing - it will just confirm the fact we are weak and can be bluffed into submission. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

BTW - I think we found those WMD everyone says Bush lied about. Lots of stories from folks on the ground at the time that they were moved to Syria - expect we had intel showing the same thing but that did not fit the "Bush lied" cry.

wind_knot

Got a few friends that have symptoms consistent with the stuff "they didn't find!"

5xTippett

"BTW - I think we found those WMD everyone says Bush lied about."  I do believe you are right, Al.   You know more about this type stuff than anybody on this board as far as I am concerned.

sanjuanwormhatch

I was just thinking about pre-2001 - were we actually engagement-free?  After the past 12 years of hearing about wars on different fronts it's hard for me to imagine not fighting at least one war. 

Peddler

Quote from: Al on August 30, 2013, 07:58:47 AM
BTW - I think we found those WMD everyone says Bush lied about. Lots of stories from folks on the ground at the time that they were moved to Syria - expect we had intel showing the same thing but that did not fit the "Bush lied" cry.

Still, I find it very hard to believe that every eye-in-the-sky we had wasn't pointed at that cloudless stretch of sand during times such as those. One would think that with our technology and the vast amount of money we spend on that stuff the very least we could expect is more than those trumped-up images that Colin Powell and friends at the time brought to us before attacking them. Screw the U.N. and the advice of advisors and full steam ahead. War is good business both during and after doncha know and there's campaign money to be had. Just sayin'

Besides... ain't we got a few issues right here in our own backyard?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.