News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

The D-bag in the Rain

Started by Get Bent, December 04, 2009, 11:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Get Bent

We seriously can't catch a break. If the damn TVA isn't spilling the Watauga, mother nature decides to unleash 40 to 60 mph winds on E. Tenn. Well needless to say the boat was hitched Tuesday night with the thought of finally floating the Watauga after what seems to be an eternity of inconveniences. And of course we see the weather report. So Rhody and I were bound and determined to fish somewhere hell or high water. Well the only other option was the D, not my first choice, but it'll do given our options other options were DH waters.

Not that I am talking shit about the D, but the crowds that frequent her waters, and the fact that I am a lazy boat fisherman weigh in. The term that best describes Wednesday is " Lights Out". The monsoon brought the river up in a hurry, but the fishing was nonstop from about 10 to 3, and we saw maybe 3 or 4 other fisherman all day.

Eggi Juans and small Raul Specials were the ticket, along with Bitch Creeks. Here are a few pics ... Oh sorry, no hippie beer pics. Although there were a few IPA's and a Moose Drool guzzled!  ;D

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

R
Konichiwa Bitches!

Woolly Bugger

dirty job but somebody's got to do it...

best times to fish there are usually during the worst weather....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Get Bent

Exactly... I have spent one to many days there dodging the fisherman hatch on the D, so the new "MO" is crappy weather, or a E. Tenn. !  ;hb
Konichiwa Bitches!

JB

where'd you get a drool in nc?  it's the best thing about mt, septin the fish, the sceenry, an the distinct lack of other folks.
haba nice dey!

diaz dassie

Good stuff GB.I have never seen less than 30 cars along 475.I seldom fish the D between Looking Glass and Grogan.Tourist haven 101. I do have good memories of a beast master I caught there this year on a 2wt!Guess I gotto get involved in this shitty weather instead of watching sports and drinking cheap beer in the bars around Raleightown! ;D

Get Bent

JB,

Rhody brewed the Drool. He had been telling me about his home brew, so after listening to my belly aching, he came across with the goods... I see my self taking up home brewing in the future ;hb

Good stuff!
Konichiwa Bitches!

kylemc

STAY IN NC!! Watauga is high :'( South Holsten is too high :'( o-o... 

luv ya mean it..February is quickly approaching 8)