Fires in the west

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 24, 2020, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Send them racks rakes.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

East Troublesome Fire updates:

Estes Park, Lyons, Grand Lake Colorado Mandatory Evacuation.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/local/wildfire/east-troublesome-fire-update/73-ace6f0d6-9a7e-48bf-b17a-936e43bba2b0
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

You cannot view this attachment.
current extent of the East Troublesome fire..
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Losses in East Troublesome Fire enormous, still mounting

>>>One of the most destructive fires in Colorado history has subsided, but the rebuilding efforts for Grand County are just beginning.

Formal damage assessments for structures in the county have been completed after the East Troublesome Fire scorched through nearly 200,000 acres in northern Grand County. According to those reports, 555 structures were destroyed, nine buildings suffered major damage and 34 sustained minor damage.

Among the buildings destroyed, 366 were residential and 189 were outbuildings. More than 200 were people's primary residences.

https://www.skyhinews.com/news/fire-damage-enormous/
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Photos: California's Caldor Fire Threatens South Lake Tahoe

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2021/09/photos-caldor-fire-threatens-south-lake-tahoe-california/619949/

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?

greg

I'm suppose o go to boundary waters the end of this month but as of tight now it's shut down due to fires.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on September 16, 2020, 06:40:09 AMSend them racks rakes.

He told them to rake the forest floor, see what they get for not listing :laugh: Probably set on fire by another kook driving a Subaru with a coexists sticker on it. CA leads the way in bombings and arson.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Yosmite on fire...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 01, 2021, 21:45:25 PMThese are a couple good sites for following fires in the us.
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7690/
https://www.nifc.gov/fire-information/maps
https://www.facebook.com/NIFCFire/

I check all those links about once a week. Not nearly as closely as when Gravey might be on one of them. 
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: greg on September 01, 2021, 16:56:48 PMI'm suppose o go to boundary waters the end of this month but as of tight now it's shut down due to fires.

Greg did you do the Mt Baker think? Photos?
― Charles Bukowski

greg

Went to baker. Did 3 day trip with mountain madness. Originally planned to do Coleman demming route but due to washout on road we did the Easton glacier. Not a very technical route but the Roman wall is about 40 degrees gazing around 1000 feet. Mountain was crowded so we had to camp a Little lower. Summit day stars at 2:45 am. Got to summit around 9:00am. Gained around 5300-5400 feet that day. I'm not tech savvy so I don't know how to upload pictures. My son went with me. He has never been above about 6600 feet. He gassed out around 8500 and went back. All and all had a great trip. They have had a near record year for snow this year.  Hardest part of trip was getting home. Both flights got delayed due to mechanical issues. Got up 3 in the morning to go to airport. Dropped my son off at 6:30 next day.

Trout Maharishi

Altitude brings strong men to their knees. Glad you had a good trip. I am no longer willing to fly. My last trip to Scotland cured me. If I can't drive there I'm not going at this point in my life.
― Charles Bukowski