Dr Slick
1 (7.7%)
Other branded nippers
3 (23.1%)
One time at bandcamp I had some nippers
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Woolly Bugger

Saw this new Gerber Nipper and thought it might be worth looking into.  Replaceable jaws... and not $100  d:b

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutboy_II

Hmm..  Like you say, not $100, but ain't cheap either.  And no retractable tether with it, so more $$ unless you want to use your old one, which in my case, might not handle the weight and high price of the new nippers.  And if I used the vise thingy, does this mean I can't hang the tippet from my mouth anymore?

E'nuff of my bitchen.   p;-

It does look like a solid and less expensive alternative to some of the other "high end name" nippers out there.  Be interested in seeing what you think of it if you get one.  I must admit I'm tired of finding just the right spot on my nippers to make a clean cut, so I should be in the market for something new myself. 

The other Gerber nippers/scissors I saw on the website looked pretty interesting too and were not to expensive.  Maybe buy all of them, check them out and report back to us?  Sure easy to spend your money...

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Big J

Why isn't teeth an option?

Fin

QuoteWhy isn't teeth an option?

This is the most expensive option.  Trust me, I learned the hard way.

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Big J

Oh I don't use my teeth, most of the time. Most of the time I just use my knife because I can't keep a pair of nippers because I lose them constantly.  Sometimes I'm lazy though and my teeth are so convenient  :embarassed:   Dentist has asked me several times "do you grind your teeth at night? It's not too bad, but it looks like you do".   :laugh:

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Big J on October 21, 2021, 08:11:40 AMI can't keep a pair of nippers because I lose them constantly.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Zingers, lanyards, etc.

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

The teeth will only take so much.  My old dentist ask me when I was a late teenager if I used my teeth to open bobby pins (like many females used to do and end up with a groove in their front teeth).  After much discussion with the old guy, we concluded I had a sinker groove, from biting and tightening spit shot on monofilament. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

hcrum87hc

I typically don't use nippers, but I do have a cheap pair I've had since I started fishing.  I have the mitten forceps with a cutter built in, which is what I use for the vast majority of things.
Jeremiah 17:7

rbphoto

I think I have about 4 pairs of nippers. 

Generic is what I use the most. 

I won a pair (Simms, I think) several years ago with the replaceable blades, lost them for several months.  When I found them, one of the blades was MIA.  Emailed Simms who told me to send them back for warranty replacement.  Lost them again and haven't seen them since. If I ever find them, I'll never be able to find the email from Simms about the warranty, I'm certain.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

driver

My LFS has a plastic tub full of nippers for $3ish. That what i use. Until I loose em

Woolly Bugger

after reading the reviews I'm disappointed the Gerber for marketing what is described as a POS

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?

Grannyknot

i use these.  they weren't too expensive last time i bought them.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

The Dude

Some say the term "nippers" is racially insensitive and to them it is the new N-word.

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.