News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Georgia on my Mind

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, January 06, 2021, 10:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Today I salute, congratulate, and pay respect to the great state of Georgia.   

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Here is my contribution.  Same as it ever was.  Anyone thinking any politician cares about anyone other than themselves is a fool. 

Big J

On another note SWBI and RGR have skyrocketed.  I made 22% in 1 month off those two stocks.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on January 06, 2021, 12:01:14 PMAnyone thinking any politician cares about anyone other than themselves is a fool. 

I realize we humans are facing a crisis of culture and character, and we seem to have lost our ability of imagination.  Politicians may very well care about only themselves, but after the obvious lack of empathy by our departing administration, I find comfort in imagining those now ready to take charge will at least pretend to care.  Personally, I am hunkered down, psychologically and physically, in my querencia.

As you well know, one of the new kids on the block is a senior Baptist pastor.  Certainly, this makes you warm and fuzzy inside.

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 06, 2021, 13:37:16 PM
Quote from: Big J on January 06, 2021, 12:01:14 PMAnyone thinking any politician cares about anyone other than themselves is a fool. 

I realize we humans are facing a crisis of culture and character, and we seem to have lost our ability of imagination.  Politicians may very well care about only themselves, but after the obvious lack of empathy by our departing administration, I find comfort in imagining those now ready to take charge will at least pretend to care.  Personally, I am hunkered down, psychologically and physically, in my querencia.

As you well know, one of the new kids on the block is a senior Baptist pastor.  Certainly, this makes you warm and fuzzy inside.

Whether they flat out show lack of empathy or they fake empathy, at the end of the day, it is all just the same.  Call me cynical.   Both sides flat out suck.  I wouldn't want to spend 5 seconds in a room with any of the big names in politics right now.

I was all for a divided Legislative branch.  I honestly feel the best we could hope for is a government that just idles. Now you have a Legislative branch that can shove whatever they want through while the other half of the nation is not represented by their opinions.  The scariest thing I saw in 2020 is my fellow countrymen divided and hating each other.  Both sides hate each other to the core.  Argue what you will with what caused it, but it has happened.  You put the keys to the car in the hand of one party during these divisive times and I fear the outcome.  Heck half the board members here won't talk to each other or left due to politics.  America better reconcile the two halves because the majority of people are not as evil as the other sides believe.

Onslow

Whatever one thinks of Mike Pence, surely most understand the pressure that man has endured in the last 24 hours. Damn, someone give him a bottle of vodka.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on January 06, 2021, 14:00:25 PMWhether they flat out show lack of empathy or they fake empathy, at the end of the day, it is all just the same.  Call me cynical.  Both sides flat out suck.  I wouldn't want to spend 5 seconds in a room with any of the big names in politics right now.

I was all for a divided Legislative branch.  I honestly feel the best we could hope for is a government that just idles. Now you have a Legislative branch that can shove whatever they want through while the other half of the nation is not represented by their opinions.  The scariest thing I saw in 2020 is my fellow countrymen divided and hating each other.  Both sides hate each other to the core.  Argue what you will with what caused it, but it has happened.  You put the keys to the car in the hand of one party during these divisive times and I fear the outcome.  Heck half the board members here won't talk to each other or left due to politics.  America better reconcile the two halves because the majority of people are not as evil as the other sides believe.

I'd like to spend some time with Jimmy Carter.  He let his son and Willie smoke weed in the White House.

Members not talking to each other and leaving over politics?  Is this true?  Boss has the data?  Unbelievable if true.  Anyone is welcomed to inform me I'm full of it, or that I am wrong, if reciprocal.  Nothing personal, then we can have a virtual drink and a laugh.

As for Pence, yes, I feel for the man.

On a fishing note, a friend sent me a new Hardy glass and 3 like-new Scott G-Series rods.  He's reducing his enormous arsenal. 

In the words of the late Barry Lopez, "We need to find within ourselves, and nurture, a profound courtesy, an unalloyed honesty."

Peace.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 06, 2021, 15:27:30 PMMembers not talking to each other and leaving over politics?  Is this true?  Boss has the data?  Unbelievable if true.  Anyone is welcomed to inform me I'm full of it, or that I am wrong, if reciprocal.  Nothing personal, then we can have a virtual drink and a laugh.

You should know first hand! I believe you had someone on here that refused your offer of staying at your cabin, taking them to the Jackson, and drinking your buffalo trace over differences in politics  :laugh:

Dougfish

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 06, 2021, 15:27:30 PMOn a fishing note, a friend sent me a new Hardy glass and 3 like-new Scott G-Series rods.  He's reducing his enormous arsenal. 

In the words of the late Barry Lopez, "We need to find within ourselves, and nurture, a profound courtesy, an unalloyed honesty."

Peace.

LOL.I have gotten some plants from Elissa, but Harry hasn't given me shit.
And he knows I'm a glass man.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on January 06, 2021, 16:04:41 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 06, 2021, 15:27:30 PMMembers not talking to each other and leaving over politics?  Is this true?  Boss has the data?  Unbelievable if true.  Anyone is welcomed to inform me I'm full of it, or that I am wrong, if reciprocal.  Nothing personal, then we can have a virtual drink and a laugh.

You should know first hand! I believe you had someone on here that refused your offer of staying at your cabin, taking them to the Jackson, and drinking your buffalo trace over differences in politics  :laugh:

I remember, but I don't recall the pissing match being about politics.  I vaguely remember he thought I was an asshole, and I was 100% sure he was.  But for me, it was not personal.  Most of my good friends are bloviating assholes.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Dougfish on January 06, 2021, 16:16:04 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 06, 2021, 15:27:30 PMOn a fishing note, a friend sent me a new Hardy glass and 3 like-new Scott G-Series rods.  He's reducing his enormous arsenal. 

Peace.

LOL.I have gotten some plants from Elissa, but Harry hasn't given me shit.
And he knows I'm a glass man.

You don't have any dirt on Harry; I do!!!

Big J

Quote from: troutrus on January 29, 2021, 18:39:38 PM
Quote from: Big J on January 06, 2021, 12:02:36 PMOn another note SWBI and RGR have skyrocketed.  I made 22% in 1 month off those two stocks.

And three weeks later it's all gone. 🙁.  Hope you knew when to fold 'em.

Yup. I sold out and just rebought some more while it was on its way down.  d:b