Smith Saturday - Cool weather a some BWO's

Started by gamatt53, September 17, 2011, 20:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamatt53

Spent the afternoon and evening around bassett. High 50's and cloudy damn it felt good to not sweat my ass off in the waders. I didn't think they would start this early but conditions must have been right because there was a light BWO hatch most of the afternoon. Some sulphurs showed up late as well so they were looking up and hungry most of the day.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This little guy does work in the fall

Ghost raindbow that was colored up like he had been in there awhile. Dropped him as I snapped this

I was getting tired of heat and terrestrials...new bugs and cool weather things are looking up.

Woolly Bugger

good trip, i almost headed up there after the soccer game, but it was getting kinda late...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

fishnrx

Holmes

Man, i'm lovin the colors on those smith river browns! 'c;

Dougfish

Nice work! Good pics, too. I was fishing below Town Creek Sat. AM. Water was fairly stained and high. BWO's were randomly coming off. I did well, too. 

bobbyg

Thanks for the report.

Headed up there Saturday morning.

With my luck it will be 90 degrees and blindingly bright!

Transylwader

Glad to hear you gettin in some time on the water. Those Smith browns are something else ;D

rjs123

Well done!  Was that you I saw leaving at the Bassett Canoe launch this week?  I was in the full size gray Dodge van. I said hello to someone with NC plates.

gamatt53

This TR was from the weekend before last but I don't recall seeing anyone else that day. I drive a Blue Accord with NC tags and a UGA sticker so say hello if you see it around.