News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Gettin' It Done (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, April 26, 2016, 22:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

Time has been on my side lately. Monday evening I checked out a new stretch of an old foe of a creek. Tuesday, I burnt plenty of gas in hopes of spying some new scenery, water, and fish. Lovin' it.

Creek 1:

I've fished this flow time and time again. Many times I've driven home satisfied, however, many times it has been just the opposite. With only a couple hours to explore this section, I was optimistic, but being a realist, I knew how things could end up. Only a few peanut-browns came out to make an appearance before this creek turned to a silty mess as it usually does at some point. Another stretch scratched off the list, nonetheless.

What is this large plant? A swampy area was full of it, to the point that I couldn't see the ground for 50 yards or more.

Creek 2:

This was a promising flow. I've heard plenty of intriguing conversation regarding this area. Here I am. 1500'.

It turned out to be an extremely attractive creek, flaunting its very large pools and remote positioning.

Many browns came to the net. There are some nice'uns lurking here. Decent fish were caught, nothing monstrous.

Eventually, this reminded me of brookie fishing. Every pool gave up a fish or two. Impressive.

This cheap combo has served me very well. I anticipated it not holding up initially. It's done very well so far after a few years of exclusive and often use. Lunch was compliments of a damned-fine cookout I attended on Sunday evening. Delish.

A splendid place to venture off to, much respect is due, though, if you mess up out here, you're screwed.

Family obligations forced me to stop at this ledge. Next time I'll crawl over and continue another mile or so.

Creek 3:

Another creek beckoned me before I took off. A stocker nailed the fly almost as soon as it began it's faithful drift. Before leaving I also lost what may have been some wild fish. Small creek.

Was much smaller than the brown-holding flow that I had just exited.

Was a hell of a day. Can't wait to get back for more lengthy exploration.

Photobucket is a bitchin' pain in my ass. Options?

Get out there and get it done. They're waiting.

DRIFTS

Nice to see some u guys out and about...miss those days  bd;0
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Onslow

Lotta brown goodness 'c;  Kinda wished I would have gone their instead, yesterday.  Probably could have busted out creek #2

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

good stuff Dee-Vo, tear up some of that cabbage and you'll know how it got it's name.... V:;
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

I read up on it a little, Woolly. It suggests not walking on or through it due to it's putrid smell. I had no choice other than to trample through several hundred feet of the stuff. No smell. Lucky me.

Dougfish

The flower is the funk. Happened weeks ago.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Yallerhammer

Hell yeah! Excellence. 'c; If you hadn't said 1500', I would have sworn I knew that second creek. Same look, same fish.

I see you caught the official hornyhead. :) BTW, a couple of those stocker brookies cooked over some hardwood coals makes a damn fine supper.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dee-Vo

Dougfish ~ Educational forum, indeed. Much obliged.

Yaller ~ That elevation would be at the river's level. In a matter of several hundred yards the mountains stand 1000'-1500' taller.

Dougfish

Brown/Purple flowers of the skunk.

Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Dee-Vo

Michael Toris

Horny head chub is Nocomis leptocephalus (Bluehead Chub)

Dee-Vo

Yes. Blue head means it's time to get it on.

If the creek's a rockin'.....